Organic Miyazaki Oolong Tea Koubi Shiage

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Teablr

From Yuuki-cha

Koubi Shiage is a classical kama-iri (pan-fired) Japanese oolong tea from Gokase Town, Miyazaki, Japan that has undergone a strong heat finishing during the final stage of production. A richer appetizing aroma and fuller flavor is the outcome!

It is exclusively made from tea leaves that were harvested from Minami Sayaka tea bushes at the end of July. The leaf material is therefore larger and coarser then teas picked in spring, but still from wonderfully healthy vibrant organic tea bushes that are extremely well cared for all-year-round by the grower.

The tea has penetrating lifted roasted aromas and a dark amber liquor color. The taste is quite robust with full flavors on the front of the palate followed by the sweetest finish that persistently lingers in the back of the mouth. A beautiful natural sweetness that you only ever really find in organically grown Japanese cultivars! In addition, It’s totally smooth, succulent, and tasty with nice warming and soothing qualities, and no burnt, bitter, or dry flavors at all. A great tea for the colder months, but also one that would probably be nice cold brewed in the summer.

For those that love dark oolong tea (or Japanese roasted teas for that matter), we’re sure you’ll be drawn to this one-of-a-kind Japanese oolong tea!

About Yuuki-cha View company

After trying Chinese Da Hong Pao, I’d say it’s basically similar taste.

ah a nice afternoontea before the dinnerguests arrive. Today im making Pulled beef with tortilla bread and guacamole. :) smells wonderful!

The tea leaf smells somewhat like da hong pao, although much greener and less charred smell. The flavour is less intense and more spicy.
I tried western style this time and the result was better than gong fu.
Very little astringancy and shockful cinnamon falvour, there is also a hint of cardamon with a spicy feel and a hint of burnt leaf/smoke.
A very pleasant tea!

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 4 g 6 OZ / 190 ML
donkeytiara

sounds exotic!

A disappointment to me! Before trying this tea, I had the Organic Miyazaki Oolong Tea Baisen from Yuuki-Cha, which I loved and might be the best tea I ever had. So I was very excited to open up my bag of Koubi Shiage. The leaves of this tea look pretty nice to me, however they are accompanied by a relatively large fraction of stalks.

This tea is somewhat cheaper than the Baisen (8$ vs. 10$ per 50g), but tastes not much like it at all. I tried different temperatures and leaf amounts, but the quality stayed similar. This tea has little or no real ‘oolong’ taste, and little else to make it interesting either, and on me leaves the impression of just any average black tea, however with some oolong smell.