Organic Yame Matcha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Teafreak
175 °F / 79 °C

From Yuuki-cha

If you’re looking for a great tasting affordable matcha or an alternative to matcha from Kyoto, look no further! This organic matcha from Yame provides a tasty, vibrant, and aromatic bowl of matcha. Okuyutaka, the main breed used in this organic matcha, produces the creamy mellow mouth-feel and excellent appetising aromas, while the addition of Yabukita breed adds a touch of richness. A wonderful organic matcha cultivated on the one farm in Yame, Fukuoka, Japan. Available in both a 40g tin, or a whopping 100g re-sealable packet!

About Yuuki-cha View company

I’m officially not rating this. Why? Simple. One, because this sample is really old. Like 1 year plus. Plus. And I know that’s not good for matcha.

Two, because it was lumpy. The tea was kind of thin but a fair amount of the matcha didn’t really declump to mix in with the water (I’m sure due to my lack of sifting and the matcha’s age). So while I was a little disappointed with the thinness of this, it is likely that fresher (and sifted) matcha would give me thicker tea, all other things being equal.

And reason three is because I have no idea what I’m doing. Seriously. My one experience with matcha was when my friend performed the tea ceremony at our school’s bunkasai and yeah, not a good example. I pretty much just used 6oz of water (formerly known as 175° but cooled a bit) in a bowl (no chawan), dumped the sample in (no clue how much it was), pulled out the whisk attachment for the hand-mixer and went to town. Yes, I used a hand-mixer. Shut up, it worked. I even got foam.

Anyway, the matcha ended up… okay. Kind of boring – I want thicker and sweeter and more flavor in any green-tea-esque substance I drink. But again, really old sample so I’m pretty much chalking up my meh reaction to that. It wasn’t horrible though (well, except for when I ended up with a matcha lump in my mouth and tried to eat it – BITTER!) so I’m pretty sure I’m going to suck it up and try some (un-aged) matcha in the future.

Cofftea

Yeah- don’t eat matcha. I’ve tried it w/ fresh and it’s still nasty lol! I did the dump and pour method w/ my H&S thin grade sample, but I scored it (very high actually) because it came out so well even though I did a very type B preparation. Hopefully you’ll have that experience next time=D

I’m a big fan of matcha, and this offering by yuuki-cha is pretty good. I just recently started drinking matcha, so I don’t have much to compare it to, but this one has a very rich and creamy taste.

175 °F / 79 °C

It’s hard to dissolve in water, quite lumpy. Taste good, nice green colour. Just hope it’s easier to prepare.