Assam Numalighur Second Flush CTC BOP

Edit tea info Last updated by Zen Tea

• “Off-topic, but regarding my cotton candy pink hair, I feel like I kind of got swindled. It's not nearly as pink as what it should have been (about five inches of my roots didn't absorb any of the...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 932 tasting notes
  • “I had just over 1tbsp left of this, so it's all in my little pot for this steep. On its own, this tea has a grassy and slightly malty taste. If I take a small sip, it almost seems overstepped...” Read full tasting note
    C-chan 296 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

The smaller, cut leaf gives this robust Assam its even chocolate color and granular shape. While not the pinnacle of refinement, machine processed CTC teas make dependable breakfast companions and stand up well to milk and sugar.

Price: $10 / 100g

About Zen Tea View company

Off-topic, but regarding my cotton candy pink hair, I feel like I kind of got swindled. It’s not nearly as pink as what it should have been (about five inches of my roots didn’t absorb any of the pink dye at all), they did a horrible bleach job (lots of peachy chunks everywhere) and they double charged me for it. That said, I got some Joico Colour Intensity pink dye, just blended some in with conditioner, and now I’ll be hanging out like this in the apartment for a few hours. Right now my head looks Barbie pink but we’ll see how it’ll turn out!

Onto this tea. I wasn’t expecting much since CTC teas and I don’t really get along well, but seeing that this is an Assam, and Zen had a killer sale earlier this year, I thought it wouldn’t hurt. Eh. Quite astringent. You can definitely taste that underlying classic maltiness that Assams have but the liquor just seems to thick and sludgy compared to other Assams. I had to brown sugar it up and top it off with half and half to make this drinkable. Their other Assam is lightyears ahead of this one.

Veronica

Hope your hair treatment worked! It sucks that they did a bad job and overcharged you. My daughter’s hair currently has blue streaks. She loves it, and she’s already planning on dying her hair purple in the next few months.

Fjellrev

Her hair sounds awesome either way! Is she doing it at home or at the salon?

OMGsrsly

Oh, that’s too bad! I hope your treatment worked. :)

Fjellrev

Thanks! Yeah, it looked a lot better in that picture I took than IRL. I managed to get out the random peach but now the top of my head is this much darker pink than everywhere else so I’m on my fourth treatment now trying to balance everything out haha. Oh well, it’s fun. :)

OMGsrsly

:) You could pretend you meant to do it and call it ombre!

Fjellrev

Haha I thought of that. You don’t see reverse ombre too often anywhere, where the roots are darker though. It’s all about starting trends!

I had just over 1tbsp left of this, so it’s all in my little pot for this steep.

On its own, this tea has a grassy and slightly malty taste. If I take a small sip, it almost seems overstepped despite its short steep time. If I take a larger one, this doesn’t show up as much at all. Adding milk and honey mutes the grassiness and makes it taste more malty. In all, a nice, standard cup.