Ceylon Ratnapura BOP Special

Edit tea info Last updated by Zen Tea

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I'm trying to try all of the new-to-me teas because I am one person away from getting the tea box! I can't wait. This seems to be another cut-tear-curl blend but I don't think Zen mentioned that...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1283 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

A top specialty and a real rarity! This nice, fine, pine needle-shaped leaf with many silvery tips comes from the central highlands, south of the city of Kandy in the Dimbula district. The taste is highly aromatic and spicy with a note of its own, reminiscent of mild, malty Assam leaf teas. The cup is dark red with a malty and spicy bouquet. Everyone who loves exquisite qualities must try this tea at least once!

Price: $10 / 100g

About Zen Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

I’m trying to try all of the new-to-me teas because I am one person away from getting the tea box! I can’t wait. This seems to be another cut-tear-curl blend but I don’t think Zen mentioned that in their description. I like to have a couple of these on hand, since they are good for 1)caffeine and 2) the strongest flavor possible. It wakes you up! The tiny leaves are black with a bit of gold occasionally. This one is nice for a cut-tear-curl. I steeped for just two minutes both times. The first steep was a bit more astringent than the second steep and I could probably steep these leaves a dozen times and get a nice flavor. The flavor is tough and a bit like rye bread. The dried leaves smelled like a dry field. This is a nice one but there are SO MANY nice teas at Zentealife.com. I think their sale is still running! I’d definitely be buying some more if I wasn’t overrun with teas right now!