Ceylon Kenilworth OP

Edit tea info Last updated by Zen Tea

• “I'm always on the search for nice and tasty new black teas, but this one isn't very unique. The flavor isn't very delicious or noticeable. This one would suit if you just wanted a black tea to go...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1090 tasting notes
  • “Oh my. I have to say that I do like this one. I think I'd even like it more on a fuller stomach. There was a chocolatey note that came through even when I was pouring it, and I was already...” Read full tasting note
    C-chan 269 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

This popular plantation offers outstanding quality. On a growing area of 308 hectares, this plantation still produces orthodox leaf qualities in large quantities, compared to many other Ceylonese tea gardens. Strikingly beautiful, black pine needle-shaped leaves, full-bodied in taste. Dark-red infusion with earthy, spicy flavour.

Price: $10 / 100g

About Zen Tea View company

I’m always on the search for nice and tasty new black teas, but this one isn’t very unique. The flavor isn’t very delicious or noticeable. This one would suit if you just wanted a black tea to go about your day, not really something to sit and savor. The dry leaves are very black. After a four minute steep, there is a medium body but it is a bit astringent with a tiny bit of a smokey flavor… not really much else to comment on. This isn’t a terrible blend, but there are so many more interesting black teas out there I would rather drink. But maybe a different steep would result in a much better cup…

Oh my. I have to say that I do like this one. I think I’d even like it more on a fuller stomach.

There was a chocolatey note that came through even when I was pouring it, and I was already excitedly looking forward to sipping from that alone. It comes through in the taste as well; dry and delicious. Perhaps a little light, but I like them that way when having them clear. I am looking forward to more cups of this soon!