Darjeeling TGFOP1 Margaret's Hope S.F.

Edit tea info Last updated by Zen Tea

• “The package says to steep this tea at 93C/203F, and I definitely poured in boiling water. Oops. Luckily, this package *Cavocorax* sent me has a few more rounds of Darjeeling to play with. This...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 495 tasting notes
  • “Another day, another darjeeling. :P I thought I had had this before, but I guess I didn't rate it. It's a lot nicer than I remember it being. The first few sips are remarkable smooth and lightly...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1676 tasting notes
  • “The Margaret's Hope my mom gave me is so much nicer. I don't know why, as I don't have the packaging anymore - different harvest? Fresher? Or maybe I've just been drinking too many Assam teas....” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1425 tasting notes
  • “A word of warning: Darjeeling isn't usually my favorite. I had to try Zen's offering of Darjeeling though. I waited 20 minutes after I boiled the water to pour over 1 1/2 teaspoons of leaves,...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1330 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

The wonderfully tippy leaves infuse to a medium-bodied cup with elegant fruity flavor and nutty notes. Plants of the Chinese type Thea Sinensis are almost exclusively cultivated on this plantation. The slow growth of the shrubs at the cool, higher altitudes of Himalaya forms the basis for high-grade and fully aromatic qualities! A sparkling, fully aromatic tea from the beginning of the second flush period with a full, amber-colored cup. The bouquet is aromatic, spicy and with a hint of sweetness.

Price: $11 / 100g

About Zen Tea View company

The package says to steep this tea at 93C/203F, and I definitely poured in boiling water. Oops. Luckily, this package Cavocorax sent me has a few more rounds of Darjeeling to play with.

This one is more malty than the other Second Flush’s I had, and also has more of a cocoa overtone. I love the floral-sweet finish Darjeeling seems to have. It’s a little astringent mid-sip but it’s not like biting into a citrus rind, and it mellows out a bit into that floral sweetness that I like so much.

Looking at all the classification information for Darjeeling tea makes my head spin. I don’t think I’m going to be able to tell the difference anytime soon.

Another day, another darjeeling. :P

I thought I had had this before, but I guess I didn’t rate it. It’s a lot nicer than I remember it being. The first few sips are remarkable smooth and lightly fruity. It’s rather pleasant yet a bit mild. I was distracted when I made it and I think I understeeped it! I’m also WAY too sleepy to try and describe the complexity in this flavour properly.

Whoops!

Anyways, I’ll pass the rest on to CrowKettle, but next time Zen Tea does a sale, I think I’ll try more. I like it almost as much as David’s Darjeeling, and more than David’s Second Flush.

Update: I resteeped it and lost track of the time again. :| But it’s very malty with subtle coca notes I think. Very enjoyable! And I bought my 20g pack for 50% off! I’m so happy I tried it!

The Margaret’s Hope my mom gave me is so much nicer. I don’t know why, as I don’t have the packaging anymore – different harvest? Fresher?

Or maybe I’ve just been drinking too many Assam teas. I’m not sure. But I don’t care for this one.

Cavocorax

I remember being disappointed with it too. Not sure why.

A word of warning: Darjeeling isn’t usually my favorite. I had to try Zen’s offering of Darjeeling though. I waited 20 minutes after I boiled the water to pour over 1 1/2 teaspoons of leaves, because I definitely know I don’t like my Darjeeling boiled. Steeped for close to three minutes. The flavor is okay (again, Darjeeling isn’t my thing!), not something I’d steep up all the time. It’s a bit tangy but also a bit sweet creamy somehow, hints of stone fruit but I like my Darj to have a TON of stone fruit. Not much muscatel. Oddly enough, if I drink a Darjeeling, I’d like it to have that explosion of Darjeeling flavor. This one certainly has more of that flavor than some that I’ve tried though.

The second steep was interesting and different, stronger in flavor, more stone fruits. I would have never guessed to steep it this way: half a mug, 15 minutes after boiling, for quite a few minutes (at least over five.)