Earl Grey Cream

Bergamot, Vanilla, Cream, Creamy, Pepper
Edit tea info Last updated by Zen Tea

From Zen Tea

If you are fan of Earl Grey and hae not tried this, you are in for a treat. Cream Earl Grey has a taste that is smooth with vanilla overtones which stand out above the premium bergamot flavor the signature taste of Earl Grey. Our flavoury Earl Grey mellowed with a delicious creamy taste. An excellent all day tea with a superb finish.

Price: $9 /100g

About Zen Tea View company

Drinking this right now, and it’s absolutely perfect. I had planned on adding cream and sugar to it, but after taking the first sip, I decided to forgo those plans, since it’s so creamy as it is. :D
My kids are watching the earlier episodes of Naruto Shippuden, which I’d watched years ago. Each time I revisit that series, though, I’m reminded how fantastic the soundtrack is… I found myself searching for a specific track after hearing it, remembering that it was one of my favourites… The only version I could find, though, had english dubbed voices going over the music. argh!
Anyway, this tea is really lovely for today… creamy and bergommoty and just plain great…. the perfect companion to anime soundtracks and knitting projects. :)

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream

Red Fennekin

Sounds like a great tea for a great day :-)

TheTeaFairy wrote that this was included in my swap package because “my favorite and the fact that it is so smooth”
Ok fair enough – I may not like Earl Grey because I haven’t had the correct EG yet.
LOL That might be true, but this isn’t it. Sorry nope still don’t like it.
Thanks TheTeaFairy for trying. :))

TheTeaFairy

Haha! Well, my fairy powers have their limits I guess :-)

Tea & Cards TTB

Bloody delicious, this is…I’ve always been a fan of Earl Grey and I’m startled by how well it pairs with the cream flavouring (both hot and cold).

The bergamot is mellow and not overwhelming at all – while still being unmistakably Earl Grey – and then there’s this silky sort of vanilla-creme flavour that kinda slides around your mouth afterwards…it’s a simple sort of tea, but therein lies the beauty.

I’d drink it again, happily…and will probably order a batch when I clean out my boxes of samples lying around. :)

This morning I made fresh peanut butter to have with my toasts. It was warm and so creamy, I ate a big spoonful before spreading it!

Not all teas make the peanut butter list. (K S already know that) I usually have my regular straight Assam, Yunnan and Keemun to pair with it. Don’t like any flavoured tea with it.
You have to understand that I’m picky cause peanut butter is considered heaven food in my household.

K S mentioned in a recent post that earl grey came highly recommended on his PBJ tea list so I made a mental note of that (I personally am more of a purist, I prefer classic unaltered PB on my toasts, I ditched the J a long time ago).

So, I chose this favourite Earl of mine. I usually prefer this version cause the creamy part mellows the bergamot I sometimes find offensive in blends. The reason I like it so much is that unlike other EGC, this one doesn’t scream vanilla. I don’t mind vanilla when it’s done right, but it can be heavy and a little sickening to me. Here, it just rounds the edges of Miss Bergamot. It’s a perfect cup! And yes, it complimented wonderfully my PB toasts this morning.

So K S, thank you, earl grey officially makes THE PB list!!!

Fjellrev

Wow, making fresh peanut butter! That’s ambition.

Mmm, this one is wonderful.

TheTeaFairy

Lol, no merits here, it’s actually super easy when you have the tools. I have a high power blender (vitamix). I just buy a jar of roasted peanuts, and in 30 seconds I have fresh warm peanut butter! I make a one week provision every week end, it’s not really cheaper but it tastes so good, once you start you can’t stop!!

Fjellrev

Nice! I read those vitamix blenders are very powerful. Maybe if I ever get a blender I’ll get that one. :)

TheTeaFairy

Lol, I think I should just work for them, I’ve been such an ambassador since I got mine, I’ve convinced many people to buy one. It’s just a life changer, it makes hot soup within 10 minutes, it actually cooks by friction! So yes, hope you get to have one someday, much more than just a blender…

Fjellrev

Wow, they’re expensive! Just looked it up. I had no idea they cook by friction. I was wondering why the peanut butter was warm haha.

K S

When I have PB I like it on a Ritz. I do this often as PB is definitely heaven food. I often toast PBJ sandwiches in a skillet. Yumm. This is making me hungry. lol I have never made PB. The ‘natural’ ones I have bought seem to separate really bad. Maybe they have been on the shelf too long?

K S

Oh, and if PB is heaven food (and it is), then EG is heaven drink. Sorry Sil, deal with it. ha

gmathis

Heaven food: buttermilk donuts, lemon meringue pie, meat loaf (well, that’s soul food).

TheTeaFairy

Fjellrev, yes it’s quite an investment and I first thought you had to be nuts to pay that kind of money for a blender, lol! Turns out it is worth every penny, as it replaces so many appliances…

K S, agreed that earl grey is also heaven drink, just like jasmine tea, it’s been part of my life since childhood…
I am so going to try a grilled PB sandwich now! Think it works without the jam??
Yes, can’t stand store bought natural peanut butter, they’re so hard to mix with all that oil on top. But when you do it yourself, you don’t have that problem, it doesn’t separate cause you put it in the fridge right away. So good!

TheTeaFairy

Lol, gmathis, thank god it’s dinner time, so hungry!!!

Dexter

You “ditched the j a long time ago” ? You ditched the j ?!!!? Why did you ditch the j ? Poor j ….. It’s ok j I still love you. I’ll take the j – you can have the icky bergamot stuff ;))

TheTeaFairy

Hahaha! Oh Dexter, aren’t you the funny one…yeah, thanks for taking care of poor J.
(Bergamott hater!!!)

Ysaurella

I probably need to retry with Fresh PB because olala this food is kind of mystery …why does my daughter love that…(skippy brand)

TheTeaFairy

Haha, Ysaurella, just saw your comment, we also have the infamous Skippy here, that stuff is so sweet, I call it peanut jam! I can’t stand it and don’t like the natural PB found in stores, nothing like making your own with fresh roasted arachides, I highly recommend but don’t take Skippy away from your daughter, she will hate me :-)

This has stood the test of time. I am setting this one up to 100. No matter the day, no matter the mood this tea is always wonderful. Smooth, citrusy, slightly sweet. Perfection in a cup.

keychange

Hmmm, I’ve been on the hunt for a new EGC, and this has gotten consistently positive reviews.

TeaTiff

I have had this next to quite a few other EGC’s. This one always won. I can’t remember what made it stand out for me. It was a good balance of cream and berg.

Evol Ving Ness

And Canadian, yay! (because murderous exchange and shipping charges) And they are having a Black Friday sale. Details upcoming. http://www.zentealife.com

My last tea was far too weak for my liking. This one goes the other way — good if weak, but at proper strength a little too strong on its own. I think it’s the cornflower petals. It seems a common problem I find — a kind of bitter plenty taste that doesn’t quite sit well on my palate. It did, however, have a nice creaminess as promised, even when drinking it clear.
I added some milk and honey and that did help somewhat.

In short, this is not a tea for me, but worth a try nonetheless.