Strawberry Cream

Cream, Strawberry, Sweet, Berries, Malt, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “Sample courtesy of Zen Tea. I've had it before but I'm going to quickly sip this down. The strawberry in here still reminds me of Nutri-Grain bars. Nothing entirely wrong with that but I still...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 777 tasting notes
  • “My morning cup. I can't see myself ever not loving this tea. It has such a wonderful sweet strawberry flavor and a lovely creaminess from the vanilla. It's beautifully blended and it can be...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 731 tasting notes
  • “mmmm a tea for braving the mall. Sad to say but I found a pair of rubber boots on sale that i've been trying to find for an eternity at less than 90$ a pop. They're not the colour that I'd prefer...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4939 tasting notes
  • “Oh man, this is so good. I may have found a runner up for favorite flavored black tea right here! So my zen tea order came yesterday, and I had a cup of this yesterday, and it was AWESOME. I was...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 918 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

Sweet strawberries underscore the subtle symphony of berry creaminess.

Price: $9 / 100g

About Zen Tea View company

Sample courtesy of Zen Tea. I’ve had it before but I’m going to quickly sip this down.

The strawberry in here still reminds me of Nutri-Grain bars. Nothing entirely wrong with that but I still prefer other strawberry teas.

Since my half and half “discovery” this fall, I’m trying this for the first time with some, and it’s a lot better. Thanks to Zen for the sample! It gave me a chance to experiment with this again.

JustJames

they send out awesome samples!!

Fjellrev

They sure do! Very generously-sized.

My morning cup. I can’t see myself ever not loving this tea. It has such a wonderful sweet strawberry flavor and a lovely creaminess from the vanilla. It’s beautifully blended and it can be resteeped. What’s not to love?

Stephanie

awesome!

Tea Sipper

I almost had this one last night… maybe today!

mmmm a tea for braving the mall. Sad to say but I found a pair of rubber boots on sale that i’ve been trying to find for an eternity at less than 90$ a pop. They’re not the colour that I’d prefer but i can pick them up for 40$ and have a 20$ gift certiicate for the mall…so really? Rubber boots in a great bright colour (though not the on i’d prefer) for 20$? yes please!

But that also means i’ve got to leave the house…two days before christmas to go to a mall. You’d better believe that i’m bringing tea with me! haha

Indigobloom

ack, good luck not getting trampled!

I totally scored a breville variable kettle!!! Best buys has them on sale for lower than amazon, which is the cheapest I’ve seen them since I’ve been looking….they’re also matching amazons price on the breville toaster oven I kinda want.

Indigobloom

NO WAY!! I’m so jealous, but happy for ya!!

I’m so happy…my old kettle was um…not doing so well. Merry Christmas to me!

Indigobloom

Lucky girl. I’d love to see how it works. Never watched one in action

Oh man, this is so good. I may have found a runner up for favorite flavored black tea right here! So my zen tea order came yesterday, and I had a cup of this yesterday, and it was AWESOME. I was too busy studying to log a note, so I made another cup today and I will log it now.

The dry smell is very nice and strawberry smelling, with a hint of creaminess. I steeped for 2 minutes yesterday and 3 today to see if there is any difference. The steeped smell is SO GOOD. Lots and lots of strawberries, a very sweet smelling strawberry, and a hint of cream. Might try shaking up my bag like yyz suggested to get a few more cream pieces, but it still smells heavenly!

As for taste, I think I prefer it brewed closer to 2 minutes than 3, at 3 there isn’t quite as much strawberry flavor, or cream. But it is still wonderfully delicious. The strawberry flavor is a bit more realistic in this cup than the one yesterday, that one was sweeter, this one is a little more tangy. I am so happy I went with a 50 g bag of this right off the bat, because I can see myself drinking this quite often, it’s cozy enough for rainy, cold days (like today) but fresh enough for summer sunshine. As it cools, it turns into more of a black tea taste, but the fresh strawberry is still at the back of the throat, must be the strawberry leaves that cause the authentic strawberry flavor in the aftertaste!

Overall, this is awesome! It actually reminds me of that strawberry cream tea I got at a local tea store, I will have to look into that one, it might even be the same as this one, since it’s in Canada! This one is giving Paris a run for it’s money for my favorite flavored black, and it’s not quite as sweet either! Yay for tea!

OMGsrsly

(I’m copying you, but mine is from Zen Tea Life!)

MissLena

Oh mine is from them as well! Oops, did I put it under the wrong tea I wonder..lol my bad!

MissLena

Actually hmm it looks like it’s the same tea!

OMGsrsly

And… upon searching Steepster, apparently “Zen Tea” and “Zen Tea Life” are the same company? I’m confused.

MissLena

Me as well! Ah well, I think it is the same tea? Lol I think there was a mess with two companies named Zen Tea a while back but I’m not sure, regardless, this one by Zen Tea Life is perfect :D

OMGsrsly

Yeah, I think they’re the same. Oh well! I’ll post a note to the people who run this joint and see if they can combine/rename.

OMGsrsly

I do like it, but I need to try a shorter steep without overleafing it… :)

MissLena

Yeah that’d be awesome if they could rename them! There’s quite a few that are called just Zen Tea, not the full name. Yeah I noticed 3 minutes was a bit too much for me as well, 2 is SO GOOD though.

Cavocorax

I think there are a lot of zen tea notes that are mixed between Zen Tea and Zen Tea Life. And then there’s eZenTea too. I’m afraid those notes are all a mess. :| (and it makes me crazy)

OMGsrsly

I’m trying to fix it, even though I made it worse by adding the Strawberry Tea. Sorry! :/

MissLena

No worries! Everyone who sees the note will know its for zen tea life anyways, as you mentioned it in the actual note :) don’t feel too bad about it!

Yay for editing!

MissLena

^ like :) steepster needs a like or +1 button!

Cavocorax

Hmm, to make it more confusing, Zen Tea Life goes by Zen Tea on Steepster, (which is why I used that name for my reviews): http://steepster.com/discuss/3408-get-free-tea-samples-at-zen-tea

yyz

The companies business name is Zen Tea. I think what probably happened is that when they were setting up a website most variations of zentea were taken so they went with zentealife for the URL. Glad your having fun exploring their teas!

MissLena

Ah thanks for the clarifications! So far I am pleased with their teas :)

Kittenna

Yes, there are at least two different companies on here called Zen Tea. The one in BC, and the one based in Atlanta. I tried having some merged once by Jason, but people kept creating new versions of things… drove me crazy!! :P Anyways, I’d probably go with Zen Tea Life for this company on here for easier differentiation? And just email Jason and tell him which teas should be merged, and he’ll get it done in fairly short order.

yyz

The ironic part of the one in Atlanta is the tea room is called ZenTea no spaces vs Zen Tea for the Vancouver operation. The Atlanta online shop goes by ezentea which their is a listing for here but no one seems to use they also are under ZenTea under the tea companies whereas the Vancouver shop has most of their stuff under Zen Tea ( only a few items that wer ZenTea’s are there) maybe they should specify location either country or city after the name:).

Kittenna

I think there is also Zen Tara Teas, which just adds to the confusion (not that it should be confused with others, but some people who poke around at things on here just don’t get it, which is frustrating. I think momo has added/poked at the listings of most teas by ZenTea, so they are more or less correct, it’s just this influx of people buying from Zen Tea Life that’s causing confusion. Anyhow! Perhaps someone should start a discussion topic to come up with a name consensus? I like your idea of putting the city in brackets (or one could put ZenTea (eZenTea) and Zen Tea (Zen Tea Life) as the company names.

Cavocorax

Yeah I like your idea of putting the name in brackets beside it – I hope that would be clear enough for people looking for teas…

Not bad, not bad. A little weak this morning (yes, it’s still morning!) but nicely strawberry-y. Not nearly as much pure strawberry as the one from Herbal Infusions, though.

I forgot I had this tea until I was poking around for something that wasn’t “the usual” this morning. So I probably wouldn’t get it again, even though it is a pretty good strawberry tea. :)

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry

This has made it to my top 10 all time best strawberry teas!
It is SO creamy SO sweet SO YUM!!!!
Its a lot like 52Teas Strawberry Zabaglione.
When you want something to convert your non tea drinking friends, serve to the younger folk, or curb a serious sweet tooth – this is your tea!
NOM NOM NOM
Full review on http://sororiteasisters.com/ Nov 26th

I need to pull this out and try it asap. I went to add it to my shopping list and realised that i have this as a sample from them. Work just got so busy i haven’t had a chance to sit and enjoy my tea as much

Azzrian

You should do this now! :)

I have 5 mins tonight so maybe I can do that… Eeeeesh ill be glad for December I tell ya!

Tea Sipper

Glad to see you like it! I have a sample of this I just got a couple days ago, too!

This is a delightful, creamy cup of tea. The strawberry is nice and sweet but not overpowering or too fake. I didn’t add anything, but I imagine a splash of milk or cream would make it even more delicious.
I should have tried to resteep it.
I also should have ordered a bigger bag than just the 20 gram sample.

keychange

I’ve emailed them about this tea, and they say it will be back in stock on Tuesday!

tigress_al Yay! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do!
Veronica

That’s good to know! I’ve been missing this tea.

I really like this tea. You get a nice black tea base, but you get this sweet creaminess. I love that you can actually taste the strawberry’s. It reminds me a lot of DT strawberry shortcake. This is very yummy :)

Thanks Veronica for sending some of this my way.

This tea is great! The strawberry and cream flavour is really there – it’s definitely best after it’s cooled for a bit though. I’ll enjoy the rest of my sample for sure.

I just had to try this one. Some of my favorite teas are creamy! This is exactly as described. It’s a delicious black tea base with a definite sweet strawberry flavor. There is some creme, but I could have used more. I was a bit worried about the strawberry leaves, as I had one tea with blackberry leaves that tasted like medicinal pepto bismal, but I think here it was just another hint that you are drinking a strawberry tea. There was at least one chunk of strawberry that fell in my infuser. It tastes like a decadent dessert… or maybe just simple strawberry shortcake! I think I might have even enjoyed the second steep more, because I think the black tea base was more noticeable and delicious! I haven’t yet tried one I didn’t love from zentealife.com!