Strawberry Cream

Black Fruit Blend
Ceylon Black Tea, Chinese Black Tea, Freeze Dried Strawberries, Indian Black Tea, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Strawberry Leaves
Strawberry, Berry, Cream, Malt, Sweet, Berries, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Tipsy

• “Sample courtesy of Zen Tea. I've had it before but I'm going to quickly sip this down. The strawberry in here still reminds me of Nutri-Grain bars. Nothing entirely wrong with that but I still...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 930 tasting notes
  • “My morning cup. I can't see myself ever not loving this tea. It has such a wonderful sweet strawberry flavor and a lovely creaminess from the vanilla. It's beautifully blended and it can be...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 888 tasting notes
  • “mmmm a tea for braving the mall. Sad to say but I found a pair of rubber boots on sale that i've been trying to find for an eternity at less than 90$ a pop. They're not the colour that I'd prefer...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5389 tasting notes
  • “Oh man, this is so good. I may have found a runner up for favorite flavored black tea right here! So my zen tea order came yesterday, and I had a cup of this yesterday, and it was AWESOME. I was...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 991 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

Sweet strawberries underscore the subtle symphony of berry creaminess.

Price: $9 / 100g

Preparation: 1 teaspoon, boiling water, Allow to brew 3 min

• Make strawberry latte tea : Mix half cup frosted milk, sweetner and half cup of strongly brewed tea.

About Zen Tea View company

Office sipdown!
21 to go and I’m at 100 teas again!

Backlogging from the weekend. Thanks for the swap, Veronica! :) I enjoyed this one both hot and cold on Saturday. It was very enjoyable. The base is mild and the strawberry flavor natural but not overwhelming. I’m glad I got to try it but it isn’t going on my order list or anything.

So this is me right now – http://i.imgur.com/TmYTu.gif

Whatever they use as the black base is really nice, and then the creamy note with the strawberry…amazing! There are no artificial or bitter notes at all, which I was surprised about since Strawberry can be such a hard flavor to pin down right.

Definitely going on the shopping list. YUM!

Another Zen Tea sample. I broke into this as something I wanted for dessert. The last cup of tea for the night! When I opened it I got a burst of berry… chocolate? Definitely smelled like chocolate which is really off-putting for me because, call me crazy, I don’t care for chocolate that much.

When I went to pour the leaves into the infuser I was not impressed by the look of the leaves either, it didn’t do much to calm my nerves. I saw a lot of dark leaves, and the strawberries looked dark too. At this point I’m wondering if I should have gone with a different tea that I’m comfortable with and saved being adventurous for another day.

I followed the recommended instructions, put the boiling water to the leaves for 3 minutes, then added some sugar and milk when it got in my cup. It smells a lot more like strawberry cream now, which is good.

Took a sip and yeah, this is strawberry cream alright. Unfortunately though, something just feels missing to me. It’s a really subdued mild flavor when I guess I was wanting something a bit more tart. Less cream, more strawberry. Next time I try this I’ll hold off on the milk and sugar and see what I get. For now I’m just a bit underwhelmed.

I love how creamy and sweet this smells both dry and brewing, more like really good pastry that includes fresh strawberries (a summer tart, yum) than most blah grocery store berry tea. That said, I was a bit nervous as I tend not to like astringent fruity teas and alas there was some of that element I dislike in the cup. A little bit of milk helped some but didn’t erase that zingy now-the-inside-of-my-mouth-needs-scrubbing dimension I just don’t like. Alas. If it was my sort of thing I’d be all over this though; it’s extremely well done for the kind of tea it is. Guess I’ll send some of it to my tea buddy via post, and/or ice it (bet it’d be good that way!).

As others have already noted this is a really lovely flavoured tea where all the components, both tea and flavouring are allowed to shine through.

It is not heavily sweet, it has a nice creamy flavour and has the soft strawberry tones of a srawberry mousse or yogurt. This is not a tart fruit tea for those who prefer them. The introduction of strawberry leaves adds a touch of bitterness and adds some depth to the base. The tea underneath is fruity and not to heavy but has enough depth to take milk. A nice anytime tea or a light desert tea.

caveat: make sure you shake up the bag a little before taking a scoop out the pieces that create the creamy taste tend to settle to the bottom if the bag has been jostled around!

Well, I have to say this tea is delightfully, surprisingly delicious.

The tea leaves are pretty with bits of strawberries. Dry, the smell is appealing and natural (not artificial seeming). It definitely holds up to the smell – the tea is surprisingly dark when brewed (did at 2 1/2 minutes, it was recommended as 2-3).

Strong tea but not overpowering at all. What surprises me is how non-artificial and realistic this strawberry tea is. A delightful flavor that stands out, but still somehow manages to stand behind the tea and highlights itself at the same time as just complementing.

Why this is so surprising is because I’m NOT a fruit tea fan. I only tried this sample because of an opportunity when doing another order – glad I did. I finally have a fruit tea I want to keep on the tea keeper shelf. It’s like drinking a nice black morning tea and eating a piece of toast with strawberry jam.

I’m curious about trying this with milk as a form of latte – usually don’t drink milk with tea but may in the future with this one just to test.

Flavors: Strawberry

Miss Starfish

Isn’t this one great?! It was the first sample I tried from Zen and I was hooked. Their teas are fantastic!

Tea Tipsy

Yes I really love their Phoenix Pearl too. Thankfully ordered a lot of samples from them, can’t wait

This is a nice start to my morning. This tea has quite a thick, creamy mouth feel, which is always nice in a cream tea. Very mild, pleasant astringency, and lots of creamy flavour. There’s berry sweetness that I don’t know if I would immediately identify as strawberry, but is quite nice. The black base is malty with a touch of bitterness.

Thank you TraceyC for sending me this!

Flavors: Berry, Cream, Malt, Sweet

I picked this one up with my last Zen Tea order and I’m not disappointed. I was actually a little afraid of this one. Too many times I’ve seen people interpret Strawberry cream as Strawberry Ice Cream.

This has a sweet strawberry on top of a creamy black tea. I love that it isn’t too sweet, and it isn’t too vanilly. The strawberry compliments the black tea well and the cream adds a nice milky mouthfeel without taking away from the flavor much. The strawberry note isn’t quite a recognizable stage note. It isn’t tarter like early strawberries, nor does it have that heavier ripe note you find with late stage strawberries. The strawberry is kind of generic, as in it doesn’t lean too far one way or the other, much like strawberry candies, but it also reminds me of great mid-season cold strawberries in the best ways.

Spencer

Sounds pretty tasty!

Cold brewed this last night and added a splash of milk after straining. The strawberry isn’t as strong as I would like, but it’s stronger than when I brewed it hot. I took it with me and drank it in the movie theater today (we watched Deliver Us From Evil, not a bad movie).

4 tsp 28 OZ / 828 ML
Tea junkie

I’ve never added milk to any of my teas, you are making me think about doing it.

Mandy

When I first started out I used to add milk to pretty much everything. Now it’s very rare that I do. But Strawberry Cream seemed like a good candidate. (: Now sweetener on the other hand, I sweeten almost every tea I drink, haha.

Tea junkie

I’ve never added milk or any kind of sweetener to any of my teas. Lol. I wouldn’t even know which teas to even add milk to. You will have to recommend which ones to add it to. Lol