Strawberry Cream

Cream, Strawberry, Sweet, Berries, Malt, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “Sample courtesy of Zen Tea. I've had it before but I'm going to quickly sip this down. The strawberry in here still reminds me of Nutri-Grain bars. Nothing entirely wrong with that but I still...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “My morning cup. I can't see myself ever not loving this tea. It has such a wonderful sweet strawberry flavor and a lovely creaminess from the vanilla. It's beautifully blended and it can be...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 697 tasting notes
  • “mmmm a tea for braving the mall. Sad to say but I found a pair of rubber boots on sale that i've been trying to find for an eternity at less than 90$ a pop. They're not the colour that I'd prefer...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4875 tasting notes
  • “Oh man, this is so good. I may have found a runner up for favorite flavored black tea right here! So my zen tea order came yesterday, and I had a cup of this yesterday, and it was AWESOME. I was...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 906 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

Sweet strawberries underscore the subtle symphony of berry creaminess.

Price: $9 / 100g

About Zen Tea View company

Office sipdown!
21 to go and I’m at 100 teas again!

Backlogging from the weekend. Thanks for the swap, Veronica! :) I enjoyed this one both hot and cold on Saturday. It was very enjoyable. The base is mild and the strawberry flavor natural but not overwhelming. I’m glad I got to try it but it isn’t going on my order list or anything.

So this is me right now – http://i.imgur.com/TmYTu.gif

Whatever they use as the black base is really nice, and then the creamy note with the strawberry…amazing! There are no artificial or bitter notes at all, which I was surprised about since Strawberry can be such a hard flavor to pin down right.

Definitely going on the shopping list. YUM!

Another Zen Tea sample. I broke into this as something I wanted for dessert. The last cup of tea for the night! When I opened it I got a burst of berry… chocolate? Definitely smelled like chocolate which is really off-putting for me because, call me crazy, I don’t care for chocolate that much.

When I went to pour the leaves into the infuser I was not impressed by the look of the leaves either, it didn’t do much to calm my nerves. I saw a lot of dark leaves, and the strawberries looked dark too. At this point I’m wondering if I should have gone with a different tea that I’m comfortable with and saved being adventurous for another day.

I followed the recommended instructions, put the boiling water to the leaves for 3 minutes, then added some sugar and milk when it got in my cup. It smells a lot more like strawberry cream now, which is good.

Took a sip and yeah, this is strawberry cream alright. Unfortunately though, something just feels missing to me. It’s a really subdued mild flavor when I guess I was wanting something a bit more tart. Less cream, more strawberry. Next time I try this I’ll hold off on the milk and sugar and see what I get. For now I’m just a bit underwhelmed.

I love how creamy and sweet this smells both dry and brewing, more like really good pastry that includes fresh strawberries (a summer tart, yum) than most blah grocery store berry tea. That said, I was a bit nervous as I tend not to like astringent fruity teas and alas there was some of that element I dislike in the cup. A little bit of milk helped some but didn’t erase that zingy now-the-inside-of-my-mouth-needs-scrubbing dimension I just don’t like. Alas. If it was my sort of thing I’d be all over this though; it’s extremely well done for the kind of tea it is. Guess I’ll send some of it to my tea buddy via post, and/or ice it (bet it’d be good that way!).

As others have already noted this is a really lovely flavoured tea where all the components, both tea and flavouring are allowed to shine through.

It is not heavily sweet, it has a nice creamy flavour and has the soft strawberry tones of a srawberry mousse or yogurt. This is not a tart fruit tea for those who prefer them. The introduction of strawberry leaves adds a touch of bitterness and adds some depth to the base. The tea underneath is fruity and not to heavy but has enough depth to take milk. A nice anytime tea or a light desert tea.

caveat: make sure you shake up the bag a little before taking a scoop out the pieces that create the creamy taste tend to settle to the bottom if the bag has been jostled around!

I picked this one up with my last Zen Tea order and I’m not disappointed. I was actually a little afraid of this one. Too many times I’ve seen people interpret Strawberry cream as Strawberry Ice Cream.

This has a sweet strawberry on top of a creamy black tea. I love that it isn’t too sweet, and it isn’t too vanilly. The strawberry compliments the black tea well and the cream adds a nice milky mouthfeel without taking away from the flavor much. The strawberry note isn’t quite a recognizable stage note. It isn’t tarter like early strawberries, nor does it have that heavier ripe note you find with late stage strawberries. The strawberry is kind of generic, as in it doesn’t lean too far one way or the other, much like strawberry candies, but it also reminds me of great mid-season cold strawberries in the best ways.

Spencer

Sounds pretty tasty!

Cold brewed this last night and added a splash of milk after straining. The strawberry isn’t as strong as I would like, but it’s stronger than when I brewed it hot. I took it with me and drank it in the movie theater today (we watched Deliver Us From Evil, not a bad movie).

4 tsp 28 OZ / 828 ML
Tea junkie

I’ve never added milk to any of my teas, you are making me think about doing it.

Mandy

When I first started out I used to add milk to pretty much everything. Now it’s very rare that I do. But Strawberry Cream seemed like a good candidate. (: Now sweetener on the other hand, I sweeten almost every tea I drink, haha.

Tea junkie

I’ve never added milk or any kind of sweetener to any of my teas. Lol. I wouldn’t even know which teas to even add milk to. You will have to recommend which ones to add it to. Lol

Backlog 5/67

This one came from Mandy I’m almost sure.

I did as she instructed on the bag and tried it as a latte. I don’t know if I just had a bit too much milk in it or if it just didn’t have much flavor because I didn’t get much flavor from it. It was mostly just a mild strawberry flavor with a slightly creamy milk flavor.
Not bad, but nothing to write home about.

I’m not sure tho. Maybe I will try the rest of it brewed differently. My numbers on this note are guesses because I didn’t make full notes on how I brewed it. Just going off memory.

Thanks for another tea experience Mandy! I think this one may have a chance to redeem itself on the second try. :)

Flavors: Cream, Strawberry, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Mandy

Funnily enough I cold brewed this last night, and then added just a small splash of milk this morning. It’s been awhile since I’ve had this one, but is seemed like I was getting a bit more strawberry from the cold brew.

Arshness

It didn’t taste much of strawberry. It wasn’t bad, but not good. I wonder if it has to do with what part I got? I didn’t see any strawberry chunks. I dunno if they add much more tho.

Even though I often don’t care for fruity/berry flavoured black teas, I picked this up with my recent zen tea order as I don’t have many flavoured teas and this had good reviews.

This turned out to be quite a nice tea which is well balanced with both soft strawberry and cream. There is also a very slight green bitter sort of note from the strawberry leaf that seems to add a freshness to the strawberry flavour.
I enjoy this more as the cup cools, and re-steeped the leaves for another tasty cup. Nice to have for something different once in awhile.