Strawberry Cream

Cream, Strawberry, Sweet, Berries, Malt, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “Sample courtesy of Zen Tea. I've had it before but I'm going to quickly sip this down. The strawberry in here still reminds me of Nutri-Grain bars. Nothing entirely wrong with that but I still...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 826 tasting notes
  • “My morning cup. I can't see myself ever not loving this tea. It has such a wonderful sweet strawberry flavor and a lovely creaminess from the vanilla. It's beautifully blended and it can be...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 767 tasting notes
  • “mmmm a tea for braving the mall. Sad to say but I found a pair of rubber boots on sale that i've been trying to find for an eternity at less than 90$ a pop. They're not the colour that I'd prefer...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5047 tasting notes
  • “Oh man, this is so good. I may have found a runner up for favorite flavored black tea right here! So my zen tea order came yesterday, and I had a cup of this yesterday, and it was AWESOME. I was...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 943 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

Sweet strawberries underscore the subtle symphony of berry creaminess.

Price: $9 / 100g

About Zen Tea View company

I got this in Zentea’s zomg awesome sale last week. I’m really enjoying it. I admit, I ordered it for my daughter because she really likes fruity teas, and the rating here was good. But I might have to keep this. That, and she is drinking a lot of my Earl Grey right now. It’s all good, there’s enough happy to go around.

Suziqzer

Good to see this review. Planning to place my order with them to tonight :)

Marzipan

Their Cream EG is great too.

Suziqzer

I’ve heard that too :) Didn’t get my order placed yet.. eeks. We went out to dinner at a friends house and just got home. Had to check Steepster first!

TheTeaFairy

Suziqzer, I agree with Marzipan, the EG cream is awesome. If you like coconut, both their coconut oolong and coconut green are really good. If you have questions before ordering, don’t be shy to PM me, I have tried almost all their teas, espacially the straight ones :-)

Suziqzer

Thanks TheTeaFairy.. I think I’ve got it pretty well narrowed down. Too many I want to try and a couple I may order in larger sizes because reviews look pretty good. Earl Grey Creme and Coconut green are both on my list.. small size of coconut, larger of the earl.. can’t buy the amount I would like to of everything ! Plus there are several other companies I want to order from :) Crazy sales always lure me in though.

TheTeaFairy

Lol, yes, that is a crazy sale they’ve got going on, I resisted only because I had too many orders on their way already!

Suziqzer

Dang.. looks like I’ll be ordering sometime tomorrow now. I got to the order screen and it gave me a fatal error. Too late and too tired to try a different browser. I’ll do it tomorrow so I have the brain function to make sure I get it re-entered right and don’t miss something.

1962 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (174)

Thank you Amariel for sending this my way. I really enjoyed getting to taste it. I think I actually prefer this cup to my first as I am getting a lot of strawberry and a lot of malt. Together it is making for a tasty treat. I don’t think I will be stocking this but we are parting on a wonderful note, thus I would not turn down another cup in the future :)

The blend looks pleasant enough, with small strawberry pieces and chopped up leaves amongst it’s dark brown Ceylon (which has some sticks/twigs present). It has a dry strawberry scent, rather mild but also sweet and natural. Also getting wooden tones from the Ceylon.

My steeping parameters:
Leaf – 5g
Water Temperature – 100C
Vessel – personaliTEA teapot 600ml
1 Steeps – 3 minutes
Served with milk

Without milk the tea is mahogany in colour with a sweet but soft strawberry scent, more the fruit than the herb ie leaf. The picture shows one cup with milk and the other without.

The black tea base tastes thick with wood and malt notes and a hint of smoke. Behind that is a light sweetness from the strawberry which comes through in the after taste. The strawberry smelled natural but the flavour is mostly artificial, it’s a touch too sweet and is candy like. Similar to a strawberry gummy sweet. I can’t taste any cream or anything similar, the milk would have lightened some of the wood and malt tones from the Ceylon but even that hasn’t brought out the cream taste. My personal tip to add cream to this tea would be to use a little vanilla, if you have any vanilla sugar at home this tea would taste magical. Alas I have none so I will have to settle for plain strawberry.

Overall
Honestly it’s an average strawberry blend but it can be improved with the likes of sugar/sweetener, particularly vanilla sugar. The Ceylon base is too strong for the strawberry and it’s cream flavour was missing but despite all of that it still made a nice cup of tea. If I had more I would try adding sweetener and maybe a drop of vanilla extract.

For pictures and more information please view my blog –

Flavors: Berries, Malt, Wood

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 5 g 20 OZ / 600 ML
Tea Sipper

Sadly, this one does age quickly. Fresh, it is awesome.

I ordered a sample pack of this with my recent Zen Tea order. I am writing this note from memory. I will have to add some notes when I am sipping and writing next time. This has a nice black base, nothing that overpowers the tea, strong hints of strawberry and a slight touch of cream. I had read some notes that compared this to 52 Teas Strawberry Zabaglione which made me a little scared. This to me was a lot more strawberry with a better balance with the black base. I think this tea will be wonderful iced. I really enjoyed this one.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

PLEASE NOTE. ERRONEOUSLY I REVIEWED THE HERBAL VERSION NOT THE BLACK BLEND OF THIS TEA (AND STUCK IT IN THE WRONG SPOT). HOWEVER, AS MY FRIENDS HAVE PAID ME SUCH KIND ATTENTION I WILL LEAVE MY REVIEW IN PLACE WITH THIS DISCLAIMER!! ps: miss you all frightfully. xoxo, JustJames

oh my. this review sums up the end of a long week!

this tea is a pleasant conundrum! i frequently enjoy my teas with cream, but if hibiscus is involved that poses a wee problem! this is a bright pink, hibby strong (my fault on that) strawberry cream. the hibiscus waves and almost whacks me, but the cream swoops in and tones it right down.

truly unique. this tea has a split profile— an acidic, hibiscus fueled strawberry, paired with a very smooth cream opposite.

i’m drinking less caffeine these days and by proxy more zen tea (!!!)…. this is an excellent creation! i feel very zen =0)

i steeped for 5, it would have been perfect if i’d steeped for 4.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Amariel

Weird! My bag doesn’t list hibiscus! I have not had any yet, so I don’t know if it is simply an omission, though. I got it in a swap. but original packaging.

Amariel

Ahh, a little sleuthing taps nose and I find from the sen tea site that the black tea is not showing hibby, but the fruit tea version is. I have the black. Is yours herbal?

JustJames

ah, an astute observation of exhausted operational error! thank you for drawing it to my attention! i’ll add a disclaimer at the top.

OMGsrsly

:) We miss you too, James!

Amariel

No problem. I freaked a little when you mentioned the hibby, and I was, OH NOES!! Did I get duped on this one? Luckily, I figured it out and I hope my non-hibby SC is good.