Chocolate Mint Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Zen Tea

From Zen Tea

Dramatic mint notes tempered with fruity rooibos. The inclusion of cocoa pieces and organic peppermint give a refreshing palate cleansing finish. This tea blend is packed with natural goodness. Rooibos contains many essential and revitalizing minerals and is believed to be good for digestive system. Cacao beans enjoyed for millennia, are particularly rich in calcium. All natural peppermint has traditionally been prized for its ability to cure upset stomachs, among other things. The undeniably amazing taste and healthy qualities of this tea make it an excellent, calorie free, after-dinner digestif. This tea is also great as a summer time cool down drink.

Origin: Cedarberg, South Africa(1500- above sea level)
Ingredients: Rooibos, Peppermint, Calendula petals, Cacao bean pieces, Natural flavours
Preparation: 1 teaspoon, boiling water, more than 5 min ** Make iced tea in Summer

Price: $10 / 100g

About Zen Tea View company

Additional notes: I had this last night because of a headache that I had since I woke up. It seemed to make my headache disappear! I love minty teas for that, and this one is certainly a favorite. The new teabags I bought just make this a pure chocolate, minty cup. No tiny rooibos pieces! Since my headache was gone I stayed up later to watch the movie ‘Another Earth’… I liked it!

JustJames

ooooh, ideas: maybe the mint working on sinuses and the caffeine in the chocolate as a vasodialator for blood vessels in the head. wow do i need a christmas holiday from school……

Tea Sipper

Maybe, but those little pieces of chocolate was in no way the only caffeine I had that day. :D

Last sipdown for the day! (201)

I had other cups but couldn’t log them all because we were doing our roleplaying game and that kept me busy.

This is a pretty decent cup. I haven’t been craving rooibos as much lately so I dropped the rating down on this from 90 to account for that.

But I’m pretty happy for this sipdown. It’s one of my oldest teas so that’s two birds with one stone! :D

Yay for finishing up old teas!

This is tasty! The Chocolate and the Mint and the Rooibos Combo is darned near 1/3,1/3,1/3 and meshes really well with each other. It’s similar to a few other Chocolate Mint Rooibos’s I have had from other companies so it doesn’t really stand out apart from them but it’s darn tasty, too!

This tea is from Tea Sipper!

So I finally think I’m developing a taste for rooibos, after so many of forcing myself to drink it because I liked the flavours it was mixed with. There is nothing about this tea that I do not like. It tastes strongly minty, but not in a bad way and it blends really well with the rooibos nutty flavour that I always hear people talking about but have never picked up on myself. The chocolate is more subdued, not really upfront about itself, in the background. This is an interesting addition to my collection of chocolate mint teas because I love them and this one is no exception

I had a cup of this late last night before bed. I wondered about this one – I love mint and chocolate but am a little more reserved in my feelings about about rooibos. The dry leaves smell wonderful, with no trace of rooibos. I could definitely identify the cooling smell of the peppermint right away. The flavor is mainly of mint with just a little trace of chocolate. I wish the chocolate was a little more strong, but I realize that this could be because it’s been in the Traveling Tea Box for awhile perhaps. The best thing about this tea is that is has no mediciney rooibos flavor – hooray! I added a little sugar and it brought out a little more of the chocolate flavor. On a whim, I added a bit of milk and it made it absolutely perfect – soft and smooth and very comforting. This is a wonderful, calming cup of tea for right before bed, with just a little desserty sweetness to satisfy my sweet tooth!

-Dry blend has small red rooibos and small pieces of green mint leaves with pieces of cocoa.
-Dry leaves smell lightly of chocolate with a hint of fresh peppermint. Tea liquor aroma is heavily of mint with a small note of chocolate.
-Tea liquor is a clear dark reddish brown color.
-Strong and sweet minty flavor and finish. Subtle chocolate and cooling peppermint aftertaste.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Excellent tea. A refreshing cup of mintiness with a touch of sweet chocolate. No rooibos flavor noticeable. Perfect before bed with a splash of milk.

Tea Sipper

I had this one last night too — mainly because I had a headache. It does seem like it has slightly dimmed in flavor a bit, even in its original pouch.

Josie Jade

It’s still wonderful, though! I thought about melting a piece of chocolate right in my cup to make it a little more chocolatey! :)

1957 tasting notes

From the Traveling Tea Box! There a few rooibos blends in here and since I am way low on herbal teas for the evenings, I’ll be trying them out. Also, it is awesome to be able to sample all of these teas without having to add them to my cupboard.

So usually I don’t do mint teas, and usually I don’t do rooibos, but together they seem to be working out for me. The mint is smooth and not too “brisk”, and it seems to totally mask the weird, fruity, medicinal quality that rooibos often has. It does taste like Junior Mints or maybe a York peppermint patty. Definitely one of the better rooibos blends I’ve tried!

TTB-A #18
Unsweetened it’s just ok.
Lightly sweetened its a liquid ‘thin mint’.
Need I say more?

This wasn’t bad at all, but I just had Persimmon Tree’s Mint Chocolate Chip Rooibos a couple days ago and it evoked that rich creamy dessert flavor more vividly. This one’s more on the “fresh mint” zippy side of things, which is good in its own way but I happen to prefer that ice cream-y treatiness! Certainly fine, just not as indulgent (and I was quite astonished at how accurate PT’s was, so it’s not a dis at all).

This is the best chocolate mint tea I’ve had so far… I mean, I haven’t had a lot but I really like this one. The flavor is very strong with a nice balance of chocolate and mint. If it was watery mint tasting, it’d be a no go.