LongJing (Dragon Well)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

1 Tasting Note View all

From Zen Tea

LungJing produced from the West Lake of Hangzhouand and is prepared from young fresh buds during the spring season. The world’s most renowned China green tea also known as “Lung Ching” envelops the whole palate with a slightly sweet, very refreshing liquor. A classic wok-fired green tea, it has a delicate chestnut like flavour, captivating aroma, and a lovely yellow-green color.

Origin: Hangzhou, China
Steeping method: 1-2 teaspoon, 80 C(176F), 2 min

About Zen Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Yay, a green tea I have liked!
I got this as a free sample from Zen Tea Life (thank you!) and just brewed it up today – I haven’t really been in a green tea mood for a long time.
I used a little bit more leaf and a little cooler temperature than called for and steeped on the short side because I’m cautious with green teas now.
And… I like it! It is nutty, with a little bit of walnut like astringency but just the right amount. I get hints of almonds, green beans, and a little bit of butteriness at the end.
I’m rather relieved – I think I’ve broken through my green tea aversion now.

Babble

Weird.. I DID get the coconut oolong like you did, but I didn’t get the dragonwell. I got a pu-erh instead. Bummer. I’ve been on the hunt for a good dragonwell.

BlueKittyMeow

Aw man, I wish I had found that out Monday, I would have thrown a sample of that in the package too!

Babble

Awww it’s okay. I’ve got some other dragon wells to try in the meantime.