Phoenix Pearl

Chocolate, Malt, Cocoa, Caramel, Tobacco, Baked Bread, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Erin Williams

2 Images

From Zen Tea

Naturally sweet and smooth with a touch of earthiness. Expertly rolled into a pearl-like shape.

Hailing from the Yunnan province, this Phoenix Pearl is naturally sweet and smooth with a touch of earthiness. Comprised of only the highest quality leaves and buds, expertly rolled into a pearl-like shape. Subtle cocoa notes whisper gently as each pearl unfurls delivering a superior tea experience not to be missed. Recomended to steep 2-3 times for different nuances of flavor.

Price: $10 / 100g
Ingredients : Black tea from Yunnan, China
Preparation(1 cup) : 3min, 1 teaspoon, 90C(194F)

About Zen Tea View company

They suggest having this tea with multiple steeps, so that’s exactly what I’m doing.

Steep #1 was done somewhere between 3 and 4 minutes. It’s slightly metallic and, I think, leathery. Dry, and a little different than I’m used to — it actually reminds me of the Dong Ding that I sampled at the Toronto Tea Festival.

Steep #2 seems a little sweeter, milder, and very smooth. It still has the distinct taste that I mentioned above — I certainly get a different taste from this than Indian black teas.

Steep #3 was closer to ten minutes (it’s my final steep, and I was a little distracted). Thanks to it being a third steep, it doesn’t seem too overdone at all. It’s less sweet than the second steep, but otherwise similar. I think it would go very well with something hot and cheesy. (Though that may just be my appetite talking.)