Ginger Peach (Decaf) Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Ozli

• “This sounded intriguing! I couldn't tell this is a decaf tea by the taste, other than it doesn't taste as strong as a bold breakfast tea. The peach and ginger flavor is definitely present. I...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1083 tasting notes
  • “So, I don't generally like ginger, in food or in tea, and I love peaches (love love love) but am usually disappointed by them in teas... yet I still really needed to try this tea! It's good, too....” Read full tasting note
    Ozli 293 tasting notes
  • “I am always looking for more decaf because its an easy way to get myself sleepy earlier. This tea has an interesting scent in the bag. VERY ginger with a subtle waft of peach to it. I liked that if...” Read full tasting note
    jendang 80 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

A spicy touch of ginger and soft sweet peach mingles with the characteristic black tea taste. Naturally decaffeinated.

Ingredients: Ceylon tea, ginger pieces, flavour
Preparation: 1 heaping teaspoon of tea, 95C water, 3 min

About Zen Tea View company

This sounded intriguing! I couldn’t tell this is a decaf tea by the taste, other than it doesn’t taste as strong as a bold breakfast tea. The peach and ginger flavor is definitely present. I don’t love the peach flavor, but I don’t dislike it either. It tastes like a juicy peach but there is a tiny bit of a chemically flavor. The ingredients listed bergamot, which I thought was awesome, but I’m not sure if it is actually in the tea. Not bad as a decaf choice! Also, I was tired all day after drinking this in the morning, so yup — definitely decaf!

So, I don’t generally like ginger, in food or in tea, and I love peaches (love love love) but am usually disappointed by them in teas… yet I still really needed to try this tea! It’s good, too. I’m not going to rate it just yet, but it’s definitely not boring! Not SUPER peachy, but not super.. gingery.. either. It really would make an amazing iced tea. I think K especially would loooove it.

ALSO, Zen Tea spoiled me with samples?! I am super excited to see their Earl Grey Cream in there because I can’t find my last bit from cavocorax and I NEED to try that again to see if the curry(?!)esque taste was just me being sick or WHAT. XD! Anyway, I have a satisfyingly large pouch of jasmine dragon pearl green tea (necessary for survival!) and I don’t have to scare the postman peeping out the door constantly anymore.

I am always looking for more decaf because its an easy way to get myself sleepy earlier. This tea has an interesting scent in the bag. VERY ginger with a subtle waft of peach to it. I liked that if only for the uniqueness of it. Most ‘peach tea’ is so PEACH that you can’t think of anything else about it.

On drinking it, it tastes like black tea with a very faint apricot/peach flavor. I don’t get the ginger in liquid form at all. As someone who’s not an enormous fan of ginger thats actually a good thing. The smell of peach is there faintly as well, but its not strong enough to change the drinkablity.

I would get this again. Definitly drinkable.