Ginger Peach (Decaf) Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Ozli

From Zen Tea

A spicy touch of ginger and soft sweet peach mingles with the characteristic black tea taste. Naturally decaffeinated.

Ingredients: Ceylon tea, ginger pieces, flavour
Preparation: 1 heaping teaspoon of tea, 95C water, 3 min

About Zen Tea View company

This sounded intriguing! I couldn’t tell this is a decaf tea by the taste, other than it doesn’t taste as strong as a bold breakfast tea. The peach and ginger flavor is definitely present. I don’t love the peach flavor, but I don’t dislike it either. It tastes like a juicy peach but there is a tiny bit of a chemically flavor. The ingredients listed bergamot, which I thought was awesome, but I’m not sure if it is actually in the tea. Not bad as a decaf choice! Also, I was tired all day after drinking this in the morning, so yup — definitely decaf!

So, I don’t generally like ginger, in food or in tea, and I love peaches (love love love) but am usually disappointed by them in teas… yet I still really needed to try this tea! It’s good, too. I’m not going to rate it just yet, but it’s definitely not boring! Not SUPER peachy, but not super.. gingery.. either. It really would make an amazing iced tea. I think K especially would loooove it.

ALSO, Zen Tea spoiled me with samples?! I am super excited to see their Earl Grey Cream in there because I can’t find my last bit from cavocorax and I NEED to try that again to see if the curry(?!)esque taste was just me being sick or WHAT. XD! Anyway, I have a satisfyingly large pouch of jasmine dragon pearl green tea (necessary for survival!) and I don’t have to scare the postman peeping out the door constantly anymore.

Pretty standard ginger peach tea. It’s not bad by any means, but not really remarkable. It’s actually quite similar to the ginger peach tea that Davids Tea carries. It is nice that this one is decaf though so I can drink it after 4pm and not have to worry about being wired all night long. :D

Today’s tea party teas were chosen to revolve around our dessert from start to finish. Youngest made the French Almond Cookie Cake with Apricot Cream Cheese Glaze. Yes, yes, look it up in Pinterest cuz it was yummy. Keep in mind that she uses freshly ground whole wheat and homemade vanilla when she bakes, as well as fresh eggs right out from under my chickens, so small wonder I have gained weight since she started baking.

Our first tea was Fairmonth Breakfast, plain and medium strong to stand up with this super sweet dessert. This was the second tea and Marzipan Black from Tin Roof Teas was the third, carrying on the fruit and almond flavors of the dessert.

This was listed as a free tea on the Zen website. You could choose one free tea with each order, and I got chai for my eldest daughter last time so I got this one for youngest this time, as she likes peach tea. It says the free teas do not meet their quality standards or are older than they will sell but are still fine to drink. I don’t know which this was, but we will drink it up gladly!

I am not a fan of strong ginger but this tea has a nice balance with the peach. It is smooth and tasty, and I would have no problem paying for it – it doesn’t taste like tea that a company would just give away! My youngest likes it a lot, and everyone seemed to enjoy it today. The base is smooth and not weak and dishwatery like some decaf. The flavoring is at a very good level to let the base come through but still have lots of impact.

Sounds and looks simply divine!

Sample taken from GCTTB5
A bit artificial in my opinion. It also turned a bit bitter, but that was my fault. The timer went off (I always set a timer or else I forget about the tea), and I got distracted by the kids. So, I oversteeped—-maybe 5 minutes or so instead of the 3 minutes the website recommends. Oops, I have enough for one more cup, so I will try some other time.

I am always looking for more decaf because its an easy way to get myself sleepy earlier. This tea has an interesting scent in the bag. VERY ginger with a subtle waft of peach to it. I liked that if only for the uniqueness of it. Most ‘peach tea’ is so PEACH that you can’t think of anything else about it.

On drinking it, it tastes like black tea with a very faint apricot/peach flavor. I don’t get the ginger in liquid form at all. As someone who’s not an enormous fan of ginger thats actually a good thing. The smell of peach is there faintly as well, but its not strong enough to change the drinkablity.

I would get this again. Definitly drinkable.