Goji Chokeberry Strawberry

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

• “Sad sip down. I wish I got more but I was skeptical about the bazillion different fruits in here and thought it would be too sugary. Nope. So freakishly delicious. I'll probably grab 100g next time...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 927 tasting notes
  • “I tried a cup of this tea tonight. A fruit tea with no hibiscus?! Rad!! Still, it's very sweet-tart. I didn't use boiling water and it's a bit thin and watery. I guess hibiscus feels thick? I do...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1622 tasting notes
  • “I am the first person to review this? This is a backlog and unfortunately I didn't write down notes when I drank it. I didn't really enjoy it hot that much, but it was very refreshing cold. It was...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “This isn't as flavorful as I was expecting. It could be that my nose is getting a tad stuffy though. It also isn't a bad thing, it's not "in your face" like several of the herbals that I have...” Read full tasting note
    KKpeltzer 126 tasting notes

From Zen Tea

Goji chokeberry Strawberry makes a beautiful pink cup similar to that color of dragon fruit. Many fruit infusions are sour and hard to drink without sweetners. But this tea makes mild, low acidic, sweet flavour, so you can enjoy anytime without adding sweetners. It tastes sweet from strawberry and dragonfruit. Also it’s delightly sour which comes from berries and goji. Excellent for both iced and hot tea.

Ingredients: apple bits (58%), dragon fruit bits, sea buckthorn berries, chokeberries (5%), goji berries (5%), flavourings, acidfier, tartaric acid, kiwi bits, papaya bits (papaya, sugar), pineapple bits (pineapple, sugar, acidfier, citric acid), blueberries, cranberry bits
Preparation(1 cup): 1.5 teaspoon, 100C (212F), 6 minutes

About Zen Tea View company

Sad sip down. I wish I got more but I was skeptical about the bazillion different fruits in here and thought it would be too sugary. Nope. So freakishly delicious. I’ll probably grab 100g next time I order from Zen.

Cavocorax

Hopefully you can snag a sale! They seem to have great sales.

TheTeaFairy

Oh, they have new blends?

That’s the plan, Cavo!

TheTeaFairy, they did add a few blends to their collection over the past couple months, it seems. Makes ordering more exciting now haha.

Dexter

Yay I have some of this – I’m always happy to see positive reviews for teas I own but haven’t tried.

Hmmmm, Reeeealy?? (I.did.not.need.to.know.that.)

Dexter

(TheTeaFairy – hiatus – remember the hiatus – shop in my cupboard instead…. Yay I have some of this means – yay you can get some of this – and whatever other ones I might happen to have) LOL I’m suppose to be supporting the hiatus. :))

TheTeaFairy

Oh, but, Dexter, I was just making conversation…
(Cough, Icantbetrusted,cough, cough)
:-) :-) :-) thank you!

OMGsrsly

Oh hey, I have this one too. Is this one of your cold brews?

Fjellrev

Yep! I don’t really bother trying fruit blends hot anymore. Straight to the jug and into the fridge. :)

OMGsrsly

I ended up doing a mish mash of random leftover bits. I hope it’s good! I’ll make this one tomorrow.

I tried a cup of this tea tonight. A fruit tea with no hibiscus?! Rad!! Still, it’s very sweet-tart. I didn’t use boiling water and it’s a bit thin and watery. I guess hibiscus feels thick?

I do like this and think it’ll be better with boiling water. It’s also nice as it cools, and I look forward to trying it as a cold steep.

Fjellrev

Come to think of it, hibiscus does kind of add a syrupy feel to teas.

OMGsrsly

No wonder it’s in everything!

Fjellrev

Surely that must be why, because so many people hate it! Why put it in almost every single herbal if it makes people cry inside.

I am the first person to review this?
This is a backlog and unfortunately I didn’t write down notes when I drank it. I didn’t really enjoy it hot that much, but it was very refreshing cold. It was sweet and tart. I enjoyed the goji berries.
Sorry, that’s all I remember at the moment. I will have to drink it again sometime and write a better note.

This isn’t as flavorful as I was expecting. It could be that my nose is getting a tad stuffy though. It also isn’t a bad thing, it’s not “in your face” like several of the herbals that I have (and love). The word light comes to mind while describing this taste. I am terrible at discerning separate tastes when I try a tea. All I can really tell is fruit, probably some apple. I could see keeping this one around. It is perfect for relaxing a bit and digging in for the night to read some pharmacy guidelines.

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

A sample from my order a while back. The ingredients sound AMAZING especially as there is no hibiscus or rosehips! I let two teaspoons of this sucker soak for 22 minutes! There isn’t hibiscus so there should be no oversteeping. The scent of the dry leaf is a fruit punch but the taste is pure sugar — it almost seems like it has splenda in it… maybe coating some of the fruit pieces? It’s very sweet sugary syrup. The cup is an off-white color, not red since there is no hibiscus. I wouldn’t necessarily call it strawberry though. It seems mostly apple and pineapple this cup around, but there is definitely plenty other ingredients in the blend. I’d keep this in stock this as a herbal!

This is the first time I’ve ever tried a tisane that purely dried fruits. There’s so much yumminess going on it this. Overall, its sweet and fruity and delicious. I think I’ll try cutting it with some green tea next time so I can try and make the bag stretch. I wish I ordered more than 50 g! I also must try this iced, the fruitiness just screams iced.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I like cold fruity tisanes, especially ones without hibiscus, and made up a small jug of this yesterday evening.

Brews a lovely peachy sort of hue. Tastes light and tropical, and I can detect the goji berry, strawberry and papaya. So tasty and refreshing!

I added a bit of sugar but it probably would have been just as nice without. And, I ate a big piece of dragon fruit from the brewed bits, which was surprisingly good. :)

Iced
gmathis

Hard to find good fruity blends, isn’t it? (I’m a H-hater, too.)

caile

It is! Sometimes a bit of hibiscus can be ok as long as it doesn’t overpower everything, but that usually isn’t the case. So, nice to find the ones without!

TheTeaFairy

I so agree, I can also handle a tiny little bit of evil H, but barely. I was thrilled to see this one had none!