White Pomegranate

White Tea
Berry, Drying, Marzipan, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by momo

From ZenTea

Bai Mu Dan white tea, Pomegranate peels, safflowers and promegranate flavor. Make a delicious spritzer with Pomegranate Juice, Sparkling Mineral Water and Lime Juice. A summer time favorite.

About ZenTea View company

To break in a brand new, pretty glass pitcher, I made more tea than ever before! I split making it into two batches, so I could resteep the tea in order to not use as much at once. It worked out well. I’ve got maybe 4 cups left..oops. It’s a nice light tea, sometimes the pomegranate isn’t very apparent, and sometimes it makes it taste a bit like cherry jello. It’s good though, but it might be even better with an addition of a splash of pomegranate juice!

This smells gorgeous though honestly I would say it was more creamy berry than pomegranate. Still I adore creamy berry and if anything I prefer it this way. It’s sweet and light but thick enough to linger pleasantly in my nostrils.

Once steeped it does gain a slight sour berry smell (though still dominantly creamy berry) and in a way it does smell like pomegranate. Flavour is a little sour with a dry, with a floral yet somewhat earthen notes among a sweet, and delicate berry flavour. Not creamy as the scent suggests but nice anyway. Perhaps still not pomegranate but I am truly loving the berry.

A re-steep reveals less sour notes and more berry. Perfect! Only issue now is the dryness as it’s not the best quality white tea base, but it’s easy enough to get past. My husband said it tastes like weak marzipan and in a strange way it does. So like a mild marzipan, sour berry, dry nut like tea. Perhaps not a favourite but certainly one I intend to try cold steeped :)

Flavors: Berry, Drying, Marzipan, Nuts