Blue Lady Black

Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemon Oil, Orange Oil, Orange Peel
Flowers, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

From Zest Tea

Blue Lady Black blends a sultry South Indian black tea base with an aromatic mix of orange, lemon, passion fruit, and hibiscus. A peppering of vivid blue cornflower petals and bits of orange peel make for a visual spectacle. Blue lady will excite all of your senses. No wonder this is a favorite among hot and chilled tea drinkers.

Zest Teas have about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee, or 3 times the caffeine of normal teas. Blue Lady Black Tea has about 155 mg of caffeine/cup.

About Zest Tea View company

Backlog:

I’ve tried and reviewed three out of the four Zest Teas thus far (the other reviews/tasting notes coming soon), and overall, I’d give these teas a thumbs up.

I really liked this Blue Lady. Fragrant, sweet and fruity. I like that while the fruit notes are strong, the Nilgiri black tea is stronger and isn’t overpowered by the fruit. I like that even though there is hibiscus in the blend, it seems to do more to enhance some of the contrasting tones of the fruit than it does stand out and taste like hibiscus.

The black tea has a nice malt note. The extra caffeine doesn’t add a weird or funky or off taste at all. In fact, if this had been brewed “blindly” – that is, if I had not known that I was brewing a “High Octane” tea, I wouldn’t have known by the taste that it was a high octane tea. It tastes like a fruit flavored tea. It tastes great.

But it does certainly pack a kick in the pants!

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/04/15/blue-lady-black-tea-zest-tea/

This tea is extremely aromatic and tastes delicious. The citrus smell and flavors come through strong. The caffeine kick is also very noticeable. This is my favorite of the Zest Tea blend.

Flavors: Flowers, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest