Earl Grey Black

Black Fruit Blend
Bergamot, Black Tea
Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

1 Tasting Note View all

From Zest Tea

Earl grey black tea has been a popular blend since it was introduced to the British Earl, Charles “Chaz” Grey, in the 1830’s. Most Earl Greys are made with low-quality base teas, but not ours (remember the whole not compromising thing?). Zest’s Earl is made with premium Nilgiri Indian black tea blended with a delicious bergamot essential oil. Don’t thank us. Thank Chaz.

All Zest high caffeine teas have as much or more caffeine than a cup of coffee, or about 3 times the caffeine levels of normal teas. Earl Grey Black Tea by Zest Tea has about 155 mg/cup.

About Zest Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Backlog:

I’ve tried all four of the teas offered from Zest Tea and I enjoyed each and every one of them. This one was my favorite! Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/07/01/earl-grey-black-tea-from-zest-tea/

It’s a really good Earl Grey. A strong, delightful bergamot aroma. The flavor is a bit softer than the aroma suggests, but that’s OK. I’d rather the flavor be a bit softer than to be overdone. (An overdone bergamot just ends up tasting like soap or cologne.)

The black tea base is a Nilgiri and it’s rich, malty and robust. Smooth! A delightful base for the bergamot. I like the way the notes of malt mingle with the bergamot notes. It’s really quite a treat.

And with the “high octane” extra caffeine … this one will give you that swift kick in the pants that you need to get going!