Earl Grey Black

Black Fruit Blend
Bergamot, Black Tea
Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

From Zest Tea

Earl grey black tea has been a popular blend since it was introduced to the British Earl, Charles “Chaz” Grey, in the 1830’s. Most Earl Greys are made with low-quality base teas, but not ours (remember the whole not compromising thing?). Zest’s Earl is made with premium Nilgiri Indian black tea blended with a delicious bergamot essential oil. Don’t thank us. Thank Chaz.

All Zest high caffeine teas have as much or more caffeine than a cup of coffee, or about 3 times the caffeine levels of normal teas. Earl Grey Black Tea by Zest Tea has about 155 mg/cup.

About Zest Tea View company

Zest Tea Energy Blends are are a line of premium caffeinated teas. The blends have as much caffeine per cup as coffee—about three times the levels of traditional teas—and are loaded with antioxidants. The amino acid in Zest help prolong the energy and alertness, while reducing the jitters and crash associated with most caffeinated products.

Our blends fuse antioxidants, amino acids, and caffeine for a tantalizing twist on the world’s favorite drink.

These teas from Zest Tea wake me up like nobody’s business, which is huge since I work nights and as I’ve mentioned often enough, I am not a morning person. I woke up bright an early (for me) at 8:30am, drank a cup of this tea and even though I’m still sick and only had 4 hours of sleep, I feel like I could move a mountain. I probably won’t, instead I’ll channel this extra energy into cleaning the living room (which currently looks like a bomb went off in Santa’s shop.)

Housekeeping have never been my strongpoint, so it’s a good thing I became a writer instead.

Now lets talk about flavor. In addition to packing a caffeinated punch this tea has a bold flavor full of malt and bergamot—it’s a great combination. There is a twinge of astringency and the tea does leave you with a little cottonmouth, so that’s something to keep in mind. But, if you’re looking for a strong flavored tea to get you going this is it my friends. I can’t wait to see how well it works when I’m battling jet lag this summer.

You can read the full review on my blog:

Backlog:

I’ve tried all four of the teas offered from Zest Tea and I enjoyed each and every one of them. This one was my favorite! Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/07/01/earl-grey-black-tea-from-zest-tea/

It’s a really good Earl Grey. A strong, delightful bergamot aroma. The flavor is a bit softer than the aroma suggests, but that’s OK. I’d rather the flavor be a bit softer than to be overdone. (An overdone bergamot just ends up tasting like soap or cologne.)

The black tea base is a Nilgiri and it’s rich, malty and robust. Smooth! A delightful base for the bergamot. I like the way the notes of malt mingle with the bergamot notes. It’s really quite a treat.

And with the “high octane” extra caffeine … this one will give you that swift kick in the pants that you need to get going!