Pomegranate Mojito Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Green Tea, Lemon Oil, Mint, Organic Dried Lime, Peppermint, Pomegranate, Spearmint, Young Hyson Green Tea
Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by James Fayal

• “With the holiday season about to start I thought that this would be the perfect time to share this tea. We could all use a little boost this time of year and these bags pack a real caffeine-fueled...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 2149 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I tried all four of the teas that Zest Tea offers, and of the four, this one was my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it! It did require a little experimentation on my part to find just...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4846 tasting notes

From Zest Tea

At Zest, we start every morning with a Mojito. This aromatic blend of young hyson green tea, peppermint, lemon, and pomegranate will bring back memories of lounging on a beach, or maybe whatever memories you have left of college. Either way, our Pomegranate Mojito Green Tea is an amazingly refreshing blend, great for any time of day.

Tea Base:

Young Hyson

Base Region:

China

Ingredients:

Young Hyson Chinese Green Tea, Peppermint, Pomegranate and Lime Flavor, Caffeine

All Zest high caffeine teas have more caffeine than coffee, or about three times the caffeine level of normal teas. Pomegranate Mojito Green Tea has about 140 mg of caffeine per cup.

About Zest Tea View company

Zest Tea Energy Blends are are a line of premium caffeinated teas. The blends have as much caffeine per cup as coffee—about three times the levels of traditional teas—and are loaded with antioxidants. The amino acid in Zest help prolong the energy and alertness, while reducing the jitters and crash associated with most caffeinated products.

Our blends fuse antioxidants, amino acids, and caffeine for a tantalizing twist on the world’s favorite drink.

With the holiday season about to start I thought that this would be the perfect time to share this tea. We could all use a little boost this time of year and these bags pack a real caffeine-fueled punch. They contain a whopping 140mg of caffeine per bag, so if you’re sensitive to caffeine you may want to proceed with caution. I found that consuming this tea on an empty stomach left me just as jittery as a cup of coffee, but the effects weren’t as noticeable if I had eaten recently. I wish I had discovered these last month during October Unprocessed, they might have kept me from falling off the wagon after the first week of the challenge when I tried to give up my weekly coffee at Starbucks.

As for the flavor, it wasn’t quite what I was expecting. The dominant flavors are peppermint and lime, and I’ll be honest, I was looking for more flavor from the pomegranate—I could hardly taste it. Pomegranate lovers everywhere may find this disappointing, but for you peppermint lovers out there I think you’ll really enjoy this tea, especially if you’re as horribly addicted to caffeine as I am.

You can read the full review on my blog:

keychange

Good to see you posting again!

Short Sorceress

My mom hasn’t been in the best health the past few months so I’ve been needed elsewhere. I hope to get back to posting regularly, I’ve really missed it.

keychange

No stranger to parents who are sick—I’m so sorry you’ve been going through this. We’re always here when you’re up to being here!

Backlog:

I tried all four of the teas that Zest Tea offers, and of the four, this one was my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it! It did require a little experimentation on my part to find just the right parameters to steep it, but it was worth the effort.

I recommend a low temperature for this – I’d go with 170° – 175°F and a steep time of 2 1/2 minutes. These parameters worked best for me to get a very flavorful cup without the flavors tasting off. I found that when the temperature went higher than 175°F the flavor started tasting a little funky. It’s better to go low and a little slower with this one.

But as I said, the extra efforts pay off because this is really a tasty cup. I get flavors of pomegranate, lime and peppermint along with a fresh, light flavor of green tea. The peppermint is strongest and notes of lime weave their way in and out of the sip. I found the pomegranate a little more difficult to pin down, but after a few sips, the pomegranate came through.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/05/22/pomegranate-mojito-green-tea-from-zest-tea/