Pomegranate Mojito Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Green Tea, Lemon Oil, Mint, Organic Dried Lime, Peppermint, Pomegranate, Spearmint, Young Hyson Green Tea
Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by James Fayal

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Backlog: I tried all four of the teas that Zest Tea offers, and of the four, this one was my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it! It did require a little experimentation on my part to find...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes

From Zest Tea

At Zest, we start every morning with a Mojito. This aromatic blend of young hyson green tea, peppermint, lemon, and pomegranate will bring back memories of lounging on a beach, or maybe whatever memories you have left of college. Either way, our Pomegranate Mojito Green Tea is an amazingly refreshing blend, great for any time of day.

Tea Base:

Young Hyson

Base Region:

China

Ingredients:

Young Hyson Chinese Green Tea, Peppermint, Pomegranate and Lime Flavor, Caffeine

All Zest high caffeine teas have more caffeine than coffee, or about three times the caffeine level of normal teas. Pomegranate Mojito Green Tea has about 140 mg of caffeine per cup.

About Zest Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Backlog:

I tried all four of the teas that Zest Tea offers, and of the four, this one was my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it! It did require a little experimentation on my part to find just the right parameters to steep it, but it was worth the effort.

I recommend a low temperature for this – I’d go with 170° – 175°F and a steep time of 2 1/2 minutes. These parameters worked best for me to get a very flavorful cup without the flavors tasting off. I found that when the temperature went higher than 175°F the flavor started tasting a little funky. It’s better to go low and a little slower with this one.

But as I said, the extra efforts pay off because this is really a tasty cup. I get flavors of pomegranate, lime and peppermint along with a fresh, light flavor of green tea. The peppermint is strongest and notes of lime weave their way in and out of the sip. I found the pomegranate a little more difficult to pin down, but after a few sips, the pomegranate came through.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/05/22/pomegranate-mojito-green-tea-from-zest-tea/