Coconut Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Pepper, Cardamom Pods, Cinnamon, Ginger, Indian Black Tea, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Natural Coconut Flavor, Nutmeg, Orange Peels, Organic Cloves
Anise, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Dates, Malt, Cloves, Nutmeg
Tea Bag
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Zhena's Gypsy Tea

Finest quality ceylon tea blended with cardamom, ginger, and clove.

A robust and full flavored Black Tea accented with exotic imperial spices. The bold concentrated character of this lush black tea lends itself well to the full notes of cardamom, ginger and clove. The sweet hint of tropical coconut fragrantly fills the cup, offering an inviting taste of paradise to savor from any spot on the map. Delicious with a splash of milk. A bright and flavorful steep. Sunglasses not included.

About Zhena's Gypsy Tea View company

The Favourite Chai Hunt continues. This was surprisingly good—I wasn’t expecting much of it, to be fair, but still. It’s more aggressively spiced than the blends I’ve tried previously, and that said, major thumbs up for finding a balance between spicy and not offensively-bitter, or one note. I finished the tin alarmingly quick over the holidays: this is OUTSTANDING with half water, half coconut nog, and topped off with spiced rum.

Anlina

I sort of wandered off from my perfect chai hunt, but I think Cornelia Bean’s Masala Chai ended up being at (or very close) to the top of my list of favourites. It has a good amount of pepper, coriander and fennel, which balances out the cinnamon just beautifully.

Tipu’s Micro Ground Chai is also kind of amazing if you want something with a lot of flavour punch.

sweetea

Added both to my Will Try, Someday! list. Thanks!

I’m still tinkering with this tea but with my first cup, I was not impressed.

My first experience with Zhena’s Gypsy Tea Coconut Chai was disappointing, as I found the brew quite weak. Today I tried infusing a bag directly in almond-coconut milk. As evidence that this blend is truly tea deficient, the cup of almond-coconut milk remained nearly white through the infusion process. I added a second bag, and by dipping and squeezing the bags, eventually I achieved a beige-colored liquor.

The taste was much better, but it still seemed more like an almond-coconut milk drink than a chai tea beverage. This is definitely the way to prepare this tea, as far as as I’m concerned, but I doubt that I’ll buy any more once my final bag from the sampler tin is gone.

carol who

I bought several of the Zhena’s teas at a nearby World Market. I was disappointed and returned it. I got my full amount back. I think the tea was old… or it just wasn’t very good.

sherapop

carol who: my impression is that this tea has been sitting on the grocery shelf for a long time. Despite the far-off expiration date, it does not have the same vibrancy as the fresh teas purchased directly from tea emporia…

This is just my style
Cardamom & Cloves are my favorite chai spices and this is wonderful.
The coconut makes it feel thick and creamy.
I really love this with a big teaspoon of honey~
The honey really draws out the spices and enriches it so wonderfully ♡

Suziqzer

I have found this one at Kroger.. in the healthy foods department, not the regular boxed tea area. It will save you on shipping. Glad you like it :)

CelebriTEA

Thank you!
Nice to know I can find something local…lol….

Suziqzer

You got it! Thanks to MissB for sending me a sample.. She’s the reason tried them. I picked up a sample pack of their chai in the Noblesville HomeGoods store a few weeks ago. There are only 4 of each flavor in their sample packs or I would have given you a couple of those too.

CelebriTEA

I wish Kokomo had a HomeGoods store…closest place is Marion
Thanks again

I’m not finding this one to be as great today as the last time I tried it, but I’m thinking my taste buds must be off today because I’ve tried a few and gotten the same response with each one.

I went for trying this one as an iced latte today, and although it is sweet and creamy, thanks to my normal added raw sugar, the spices and coconut aren’t coming through like I would have liked. I think if I try it again, I will steep it a bit longer and maybe use less milk than I would for a hot latte.

I’ll leave the rating as it was since I seem to be having an off day.

Flavors: Cinnamon

For something coconutty, I actually don’t mind this. I’m having it clear… the coconut is actually adding a sweetness to the spices. I think I’d still prefer a more classic chai… but this really isn’t bad at all!

I got a couple bags of this tea to try thanks to Skysamurai!

This tea smells really lovely and spicy. I can smell a little coconut in there too. The spices mesh so evenly and well together that they are hard to pick out on their own. I’m guessing cinnamon, cardamon and clove. Drinking this unsweetened, which is unusual but I have been giving it a go more often lately and it tastes alright on it’s own. The clove comes out a little more in the sip and the coconut is pretty subtle acting more like a background creaminess and comes out in the aftertaste. I like it and it is one I’m glad to have tried, but it won’t be making it as a cupboard staple.

I made this tea this morning to take with me to work. I added sugar and creamer to make it like a traditional chai. I liked the tea and will definitely make it again, but I am not sure that it had a distinct coconut flavor. I love coconut in just about anything, so I was hoping it would have a stronger coconut flavor to it.

This was the first tea of my girls trip to Edmonton without the baby! How exciting for me!
I found that the coconut provided a nice smoothness to this tea. I did add a tiny splash of milk, I felt that it was just one of those mornings. The chai spices weren’t super spicy, which I kind of actually liked.

I really liked this for a bagged tea.

Thanks VariaTEA for the sample. Chai really isn’t my thing, but coconut is so it’s been interesting waiting for enough of a “right” mood to test this one. Today was good enough combined with the fact I realized there’s only two bags of this so it’d be a quick sipdown (and so much is on the way ’cause of you crazy generous people).

This was decent for a Chai, but I struggled to get coconut out of it and for that reason I wasn’t really sold on it. But pleasant enough, I suppose.

I could write more, but I’m sorta tired and I keep losing focus and zoning out for long periods of time. I guess that’s the poor sleep this last week finally catching up to me. Maybe that’s good; I have an interview tomorrow so if I’m tired enough to go to sleep early today I can wake up feeling relaxed early tomorrow!