Coconut Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Pepper, Cardamom Pods, Cinnamon, Ginger, Indian Black Tea, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Natural Coconut Flavor, Nutmeg, Orange Peels, Organic Cloves
Cinnamon, Cloves, Coconut, Nutmeg
Tea Bag
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Yep, this one's still a great chai for drinking straight! The aroma is of a perfectly blended spiced chai, with a definite cardamom aroma being the most present, yet not overwhelming. In spite of...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “I haven't had this one in an age! I pulled it out because I'm studying for my final (which is in 2 hours eeeeee) and I needed something warm, comforting, caffeinated and completely unfussy to...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “After reading Jacqueline's note about how delicious this was with milk and sugar, I decided I just had to have it that way today. The cream really smoothes out the taste and brings out the...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “5 minutes of steeping = WOW COCONUT! This is so good. So coconutty, and the chai itself is really lovely. I'm having it with a big teaspoon of honey, and milk. I totally recommend this one.” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1616 tasting notes

From Zhena's Gypsy Tea

Finest quality ceylon tea blended with cardamom, ginger, and clove.

A robust and full flavored Black Tea accented with exotic imperial spices. The bold concentrated character of this lush black tea lends itself well to the full notes of cardamom, ginger and clove. The sweet hint of tropical coconut fragrantly fills the cup, offering an inviting taste of paradise to savor from any spot on the map. Delicious with a splash of milk. A bright and flavorful steep. Sunglasses not included.

About Zhena's Gypsy Tea View company

For something coconutty, I actually don’t mind this. I’m having it clear… the coconut is actually adding a sweetness to the spices. I think I’d still prefer a more classic chai… but this really isn’t bad at all!

I got a couple bags of this tea to try thanks to Skysamurai!

This tea smells really lovely and spicy. I can smell a little coconut in there too. The spices mesh so evenly and well together that they are hard to pick out on their own. I’m guessing cinnamon, cardamon and clove. Drinking this unsweetened, which is unusual but I have been giving it a go more often lately and it tastes alright on it’s own. The clove comes out a little more in the sip and the coconut is pretty subtle acting more like a background creaminess and comes out in the aftertaste. I like it and it is one I’m glad to have tried, but it won’t be making it as a cupboard staple.

I made this tea this morning to take with me to work. I added sugar and creamer to make it like a traditional chai. I liked the tea and will definitely make it again, but I am not sure that it had a distinct coconut flavor. I love coconut in just about anything, so I was hoping it would have a stronger coconut flavor to it.

This was the first tea of my girls trip to Edmonton without the baby! How exciting for me!
I found that the coconut provided a nice smoothness to this tea. I did add a tiny splash of milk, I felt that it was just one of those mornings. The chai spices weren’t super spicy, which I kind of actually liked.

I really liked this for a bagged tea.

Thanks VariaTEA for the sample. Chai really isn’t my thing, but coconut is so it’s been interesting waiting for enough of a “right” mood to test this one. Today was good enough combined with the fact I realized there’s only two bags of this so it’d be a quick sipdown (and so much is on the way ’cause of you crazy generous people).

This was decent for a Chai, but I struggled to get coconut out of it and for that reason I wasn’t really sold on it. But pleasant enough, I suppose.

I could write more, but I’m sorta tired and I keep losing focus and zoning out for long periods of time. I guess that’s the poor sleep this last week finally catching up to me. Maybe that’s good; I have an interview tomorrow so if I’m tired enough to go to sleep early today I can wake up feeling relaxed early tomorrow!

I made this iced and added milk & sugar. It wasn’t a very strong tasting or strong smelling tea but it tasted okay as a cold drink. Wanted more of the coconut to come through when sipping it. Don’t think I would make it hot though since I would probably go to other chai blends that I like (or even make one myself).

I really like the blend of spices in this tea, but there is so little actual tea in the bag, it almost seems like an herbal tea.

I love this Coconut chai. I tried it the other day and absolutely adored it.

I love the ritual of making chai, adding the honey and the milk. This was warm, spicy, rich and tasted like coconut. This blend smells heavily of ginger and cloves but the texture and taste makes this tea a smooth, bold blend. I could taste vanilla and this added another layer of creaminess to this chai.

This chai is in no way basic and is complex and multi-layered with a full, definite flavour.

EDIT: I tried this tea black with honey today, and the colour is quite murky and off-putting, but perserve, it’s a delicious tea.

Another favorite black tea. The heavy chai flavor is accented wonderfully with ginger and coconut. Like any black tea, if you steep it too long you won’t be able to appreciate the other flavors of the tea.

This is probably one of my more indulgent teas in my collection. I don’t drink it often, but it’s an excellent after dinner treat, full of flavor. Definitely one of my top favorite teas.