Coconut Chai

Black Chai Blend
Black Pepper, Cardamom Pods, Cinnamon, Ginger, Indian Black Tea, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Natural Coconut Flavor, Nutmeg, Orange Peels, Organic Cloves
Anise, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Dates, Malt, Cloves, Nutmeg
Tea Bag
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Zhena's Gypsy Tea

Finest quality ceylon tea blended with cardamom, ginger, and clove.

A robust and full flavored Black Tea accented with exotic imperial spices. The bold concentrated character of this lush black tea lends itself well to the full notes of cardamom, ginger and clove. The sweet hint of tropical coconut fragrantly fills the cup, offering an inviting taste of paradise to savor from any spot on the map. Delicious with a splash of milk. A bright and flavorful steep. Sunglasses not included.

About Zhena's Gypsy Tea View company

I made this iced and added milk & sugar. It wasn’t a very strong tasting or strong smelling tea but it tasted okay as a cold drink. Wanted more of the coconut to come through when sipping it. Don’t think I would make it hot though since I would probably go to other chai blends that I like (or even make one myself).

I really like the blend of spices in this tea, but there is so little actual tea in the bag, it almost seems like an herbal tea.

I love this Coconut chai. I tried it the other day and absolutely adored it.

I love the ritual of making chai, adding the honey and the milk. This was warm, spicy, rich and tasted like coconut. This blend smells heavily of ginger and cloves but the texture and taste makes this tea a smooth, bold blend. I could taste vanilla and this added another layer of creaminess to this chai.

This chai is in no way basic and is complex and multi-layered with a full, definite flavour.

EDIT: I tried this tea black with honey today, and the colour is quite murky and off-putting, but perserve, it’s a delicious tea.

Another favorite black tea. The heavy chai flavor is accented wonderfully with ginger and coconut. Like any black tea, if you steep it too long you won’t be able to appreciate the other flavors of the tea.

This is probably one of my more indulgent teas in my collection. I don’t drink it often, but it’s an excellent after dinner treat, full of flavor. Definitely one of my top favorite teas.

I was excited about this tea the moment I opened the tin – it smells AMAZING, and it tastes just as good! It’s just spicy enough, and the coconut is nice but not overpowering. After reading some other reviews I may have to try my next cup with a splash of milk (so fitting during Indy 500 qualifying!).

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

This is an amazing chai tea. One of the best I’ve ever had. It’s perfectly balanced spice wise and the notes of coconut are perfection.

Typically I only buy loose leaf tea because the quality is generally better but Zhena’s Gypsy teas are very high quality and I would strongly recommend trying this tea out.

Well, this one was a disappointment for me. I quite like coconut, and chais are one of my favorite kinds of tea. I tried this, and it made me think of spiced coconut water. Not tea. I could barely get the taste of tea in it, and the coconut actually was powerful enough to hide most of the spices. I wasn’t impressed, and have not had a cup of this by itself since.

Instead, I steep it along with a bag or Twinings Ultra Spice to even it out and add a lot of soymilk. That’s the only thing that has saved this tea for me. The combo of the two is much more pleasant for me, and is the only reason I’m not pawning the rest of the tin off onto my roommate.

Disappointed that there is no coconut in said coconut chai. Pretty tasty. Pretty pricey too. Much more pricey than tasty.

Smells very sweet! The cinnamon is predominant when smelling.
The tea and coconut blend seamlessly, and the cinnamon and spice flavors are good background notes, not overpowering like a lot of chais. Overall, very very delicious and drinkable!