Italian Chamomile

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Fennel, Hibiscus, Lemon Myrtle, Lemon Peel, Lemongrass, Licorice Root, Natural Flavours, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Orange Peel, Rose Petals
Licorice, Orange, Flowers, Herbs, Wet Wood
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop
Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 2 g 9 oz / 266 ml

From Zhena's Gypsy Tea

Fair Trade, Organic.
A harmonious blend of select golden colored chamomile blossoms, rose petals and hibiscus flowers balanced with serene, soothing, notes of sweet fennel (licorice), lemon myrtle and orange peel with a floral bouquet that scents the steam.
Caffeine-free sachet.

About Zhena's Gypsy Tea View company

once upon a time i bought this tea from the grocery store.
i was new to tea.
i did not like it very much.
i thought i did not like tea,
but the punch line is that i just don’t like chamomile and didn’t know any better.

CHAroma

Haha, I’m the same way! Love this note. :)

Italian Chamomile / Tranquil Dreams (Teavana)

Excellent Blend for nighttime relaxation!!

I do not like licorice root in teas, I think it overpowers the entire cup making it taste too sweet almost to a nauseous point. >.< I was a bit disappointed in this one, considering I usually love chamomile teas. But as for itialian chamomile I’ll pass.

I’m not a huge fan of chamomile tea in general, I find it’s often too bland and tastes too much like hot water. But, I did like this one. While it will never be my favourite I did find some notes of rose petals and lemon that added more depth to this tea.

I think it’s a really nice gentle tea to have at night when you need something calming to help you relax, but at the same time that gentleness can sometimes be a little flat. I think if I let it brew for a little longer some of the more subtler flavours will come through (like fennel and lemongrass), and I’m looking forward to that when I next drink it.

I threw this into the teapot tonight because I’m trying to use up some of my bagged teas before payday – when I can actually build up my loose leaf collection. I’ve learned from experience that to enjoy Zhena’s tea I need to use two teabags, so I threw those into my 2-cup teapot and let them steep.

This particular batch is a little syrupy, but that’s probably because I ran out of Sugar in the Raw and lost count of of the sugar cubes I had to use instead. I’m glad I decided to use two bags, as this is still pretty light-tasting. The camomile is the strongest, but a faint licorice aftertaste follows in its sway.

All in all, I’m glad I pulled this down from the shelf. It’s been a hectic day – the end of the school year is upon us, and my seniors are all going a little crazy about graduation. But now most the papers are graded and I was even able to leave the rest at school. This cup is a fantastic transition for me – a sweet reminder that part of the day is over, and now it’s time to cuddle with the cats (Akasha and Mei-Mei – we’re nerds!) and curl up with a book. An unheard of luxury during the school year!

That’s no light task, and I’m impressed this tea managed to pull it off!

Tastes of chamomile and a hint of hibiscus. But mostly chamomile. Maybe a faint mint in there. Licorice, but I think I usually get a little hint of licorice with any chamomile. Nice flavor, very smooth. Not totally outstanding though, but a nice wind down kind of tea for the end of the day.

I’m not sure about this. It is such a strong chamomile and the appeal of chamomile is usually its mellowness. It tastes exactly how it smells: like an herb garden. I suppose chamomile and fennel are the dominant flavors. Very spicy and it kind of burns my tongue.

EDIT: Scratch all that! I figured it out. Celery! It tastes exactly like celery.

Nice, tame blend of chamomile and citrus. I added more orange peel, though, because I really like orange and felt it need more. This is the second best chamomile tea I’ve ever had with my little modification. Plus it helps me relax/sleep.

Flavors: Licorice, Orange

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Extremely uninteresting chamomile-based blend. I agree with another reviewer- this tastes like celery. It’s also unsettlingly translucent. I’m glad I only got four bags of it in the sampler from the grocery store, because suffering my way through a whole canister of this would have sucked majorly.

“Italian Chamomile.” Gimme a break. It is CLEARLY just your average bagged Roman chamomile tea.

Side note- Licorice root is apparently a remedy for nausea, but it actually makes me nauseous. Am I weird for that?

Flavors: Flowers, Herbs, Wet Wood

Sipdown. Over the course of these four filterbags filled with, let us be frank, dust, I ended up deciding that this bedtime infusion is better than I had initially thought. Now it’s all gone, and I won’t purchase again, but I am increasing my rating. There is a hefty dose of aniseed in this blend, which initially seemed off-putting to me, as I had been prepared from the name for chamomile. The key term here is Italian, not Chamomile…