Egyptian Mint

Green Herbal Blend
Earth, Green, Mint, Licorice, Peppermint
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Zhena's Gypsy Tea

One of our tastiest and most popular infusions blends the ancient principles of Ayurveda and Aromatherapy to promote relaxation, focus and smooth digestive energy. With its heady aroma, this soft steep is flavorful, distinctive and calming. Peppermint is soothing to the digestive system and promotes focus and clear thinking. Stevia leaves from Paraguay, awaken the senses and please the palate.

Ingredients: Organically grown Ceylon Green tea, organic Egyptian peppermint & organic South American Stevia leaf create a slightly sweet cup with just the right balance of tannin and mint. Traditionally drunk with sugar on the hottest days of the year in Morocco in gold lined glass tea cups.

Embossed, recyclable, air-tight tin, containing 22 sachets of 100% certified Organic, 100% certified fair trade Egyptian Mint Green tea.

About Zhena's Gypsy Tea View company

Yawwwnnnnn boy did this make for an unremarkable cup of tea. I had this at the hair salon, and was actually expecting to get served a cup of plain green tea. Kinda disappointed to taste the mint.

While I do like mint teas, something about this was just ‘meh’. Now I’ve had Moroccan mint tea, and I just can’t picture this blend with sugar in it as the description suggests. It’s not really much better than some of the shlock you can find at the grocery store. I do think Zhena’s has some good teas, but I am ambivalent about this one. Maybe it was oversteeped.

very nice mint/green tea. did not get the bitter that everyone else notes, even though i steeped a while. not my favorite green tea/mint combo-but would def drink again.

Good, but not fantastic. It is soothing, but if you dare steep it over 3 minutes it turns bitter.

I saw the little sampler pack that contains this, Raspberry Earl Grey, and two others that I don’t remember at TJ Maxx for about $5 and decided it was worth a try. The Raspberry Earl Grey was really what drew me in, but I’m interested in sampling all of the flavors.

This one is such a strong mint smell dry, it will definitely clear your nose out. I steeped this one up, and really all I’m getting is the mint. While not bad by any means, I can’t tell a difference taste wise between this and a mint tisane/herbal. The only benefit I see of drinking this one over an herbal is if you want the caffeine, but otherwise there doesn’t seem like a lot of difference.

So not bad, but it doesn’t stand out either.

I got this tea in a sampler tin from Kroger. The packaging caught my eye, but I ended up buying it because the flavors sounded heavenly.

I found this tea to be very earthy and it balanced out the mint. Neither was too overwhelming. It was a chilly day where I live, so this was a treat for me. It tastes like it would be a good pick-me-up, even though it doesn’t have very much caffeine in it. I would recommend this to anyone that loves a good mint tea.

Flavors: Earth, Green, Mint

By far my favorite of the sampler and officially one of my favorite green teas ever. It is just so smooth and soothing. What first caught my attention was the ingredient list. ONLY THREE INGREDIENTS!!! Recognizable and pronounceable ones at that. Green tea. Peppermint. Licorice root. I never would have thought peppermint and green tea would make a good combo. This is a match made in heaven. Or should I say “matcha”… Tea puns aside no sugar needed and not the least bitter even after a 3.5 minute steep.

Flavors: Licorice, Peppermint

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Backlogging from yesterday.

This is a pleasant, light, sweet tea. It’s nice because the green tea base is mild, which allows the sweetness of the mint to come forward without forcing it to taste like mouthwash.

This tea was an okay mint tea – it wasn’t powerful enough for me but it was tasty. I’ll finish the sample up but likely won’t buy it again. It wasn’t bad just wasn’t AMAZING

Definitely good tea before dozing off into dreamland.

Helps to ease off the stress of the day and I can just relax. I would definitely recommend it ^^

I like this tea, I think it’s a very strong mint, herbal tea. I really appreciate the fact that it’s in a tin in lovely little tea bags so you can definitely keep the tea fresh.

The Assam green tea means that it has a very soft steep and overall flavour. I find this tea very relaxing, calming and it has low caffeine. The peppermint gives it a strong scent but the flavour is quite mild and gentle. It is in no way bitter and difficult to stew. I like this tea, and I’m generally not a fan of green teas.