Egyptian Mint

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Zhena's Gypsy Tea

One of our tastiest and most popular infusions blends the ancient principles of Ayurveda and Aromatherapy to promote relaxation, focus and smooth digestive energy. With its heady aroma, this soft steep is flavorful, distinctive and calming. Peppermint is soothing to the digestive system and promotes focus and clear thinking. Stevia leaves from Paraguay, awaken the senses and please the palate.

Ingredients: Organically grown Ceylon Green tea, organic Egyptian peppermint & organic South American Stevia leaf create a slightly sweet cup with just the right balance of tannin and mint. Traditionally drunk with sugar on the hottest days of the year in Morocco in gold lined glass tea cups.

Embossed, recyclable, air-tight tin, containing 22 sachets of 100% certified Organic, 100% certified fair trade Egyptian Mint Green tea.

About Zhena's Gypsy Tea View company

Yawwwnnnnn boy did this make for an unremarkable cup of tea. I had this at the hair salon, and was actually expecting to get served a cup of plain green tea. Kinda disappointed to taste the mint.

While I do like mint teas, something about this was just ‘meh’. Now I’ve had Moroccan mint tea, and I just can’t picture this blend with sugar in it as the description suggests. It’s not really much better than some of the shlock you can find at the grocery store. I do think Zhena’s has some good teas, but I am ambivalent about this one. Maybe it was oversteeped.

very nice mint/green tea. did not get the bitter that everyone else notes, even though i steeped a while. not my favorite green tea/mint combo-but would def drink again.

Good, but not fantastic. It is soothing, but if you dare steep it over 3 minutes it turns bitter.

Definitely good tea before dozing off into dreamland.

Helps to ease off the stress of the day and I can just relax. I would definitely recommend it ^^

I like this tea, I think it’s a very strong mint, herbal tea. I really appreciate the fact that it’s in a tin in lovely little tea bags so you can definitely keep the tea fresh.

The Assam green tea means that it has a very soft steep and overall flavour. I find this tea very relaxing, calming and it has low caffeine. The peppermint gives it a strong scent but the flavour is quite mild and gentle. It is in no way bitter and difficult to stew. I like this tea, and I’m generally not a fan of green teas.

I like teas for their aroma-therapeutic properties and their health benefits and just the simplicity of sitting down for a nice cuppa with a friend. I’ve been looking for a good digestive tea and was quite thrilled to find that this tea is green with peppermint AND licorice. That’s exactly the blend I was hoping for. I like that it has that zen green feeling with the refreshing peppermint and the licorice flavor. Sometimes I find peppermint too strong on it’s own and green too boring. This is a great tea for upset stomachs. To me it is offers a healing, calming, and yet invigorating feeling.

im used to a much more crisp mint tea but this smooth if not slightly muddled tea is nothing less then delightful in my opinion. certainly different from traditional mint teas, but still a welcomed addition to any mint tea enthusiasts collection.

Drinkable. Barely.
As prolific as I enjoy being in these reviews, I’ll just sum it up with
Blegh.

It makes me crave (good) Moroccan Mint tea, though. I’d make myself some, but I’m lacking gunpowder. Oh well, life goes on.

Unrelated question to anyone reading: What’s a GOOD brand for Earl Grey? I’ve never been a fan of it, as I’m not particularly fond of flavored/scented teas in general, but I figure I might as well give it a fresh chance. I’ve rather neglected the United Kingdom in my tea venturing. On that note, what’s a good English/Scottish/Irish Breakfast tea?

Thanks in advance if anyone offers up info.

When brewed for exactly 3 minutes, it has a great taste/aftertaste. One of my favorites.