Herbal Tea
Peppermint, Rose Petals
Mint, Rose, Sweet, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Spearmint, Sugar
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by teaqueen

• “Story tiiiiiiiime: in ye olden’ days (coughfiveyearsagocough), having grown up in the South and knowing ‘tea’ only as the mysterious brown powder my grandmother spooned into a...” Read full tasting note
    k-pao 3 tasting notes
  • “I LOVE the packaging! The little glass jar with the little wooden scooper is adorable. And very convenient. The tea itself is fairly unimpressive. Just a sweet, simple...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 564 tasting notes
  • “The rose isn’t very noticeable, which struck me as pleasantly surprising. There’s a fresh, almost ozonic taste — think fresh air in the mountains — in a top layer,...” Read full tasting note
    km9699 12 tasting notes
  • “I absolutely love how this looks. I’m a sucker for interesting packaging! My boyfriend’s mom sent this to me. Brewed hot, as I did last night, this is mostly mint. The rose petals are...” Read full tasting note
    Molybdenum 336 tasting notes

From Zhena's Gypsy Tea

Egyptian peppermint in a delicate dance with Bulgarian rose petals. A sweet and minty tisane.
25 Servings
Net Wt. .75oz

About Zhena's Gypsy Tea View company

Story tiiiiiiiime: in ye olden’ days (coughfiveyearsagocough), having grown up in the South and knowing ‘tea’ only as the mysterious brown powder my grandmother spooned into a pitcher filled with water, ice cubes, and too-tart lemon, I never had much of an opinion of the stuff — that is until someone left a box of Twinnings mint tea on the counter while I happened to be stricken w/a particularly nasty cold. I tried it out and it was love at first sip. It soothed my aching throat and perked me up like nothing had before. I eventually got over my cold obvious enough, but even then I always made sure to have a box (or, more commonly, five) handy. Brewing a cup each night before bed, it sort of became my own little ritual – almost like a friend, an ally, a confidante.

Though eventually, no longer the naive 15 year old I was when we met, Twinnings and I grew apart and (with more than a few tears shed between us & heavy hearts) decided to see other people, when I saw this tea in it’s adorable little packaging I couldn’t resist picking it up and revisiting my old love, y’know, for old time’s sake.

Overall, it’s a decent brew if you’re just beginning to wean yourself off the mass market brands (looking at you, Twinnings) and dip your toes into the loose leaf world, otherwise, meh, they’re are probably better things out there.

Flavors: Mint

The tea itself is fairly unimpressive. Just a sweet, simple mint tea with a hint of rose. It’s blended and balanced well, sure enough. But I think the packaging is way cooler than the actual tea in this case. I’m just relieved that they didn’t put stevia in it.

Flavors: Mint, Rose, Sweet

Shae

That combination sounds like it would be really interesting. Bummer that it turned out to be less than stellar.

Rosehips

This is exactly my own opinion on this tea! Cool packaging, meh tea.

teaqueen

I want to like Zhena’s stuff, but it always falls short on taste.

The rose isn’t very noticeable, which struck me as pleasantly surprising. There’s a fresh, almost ozonic taste — think fresh air in the mountains — in a top layer, underscored by the tingle of different mint flavors. Quite a nice tea if you can brew it just right; this one also works well with the tea just in a cup (no filter needed!), since the fragments all sink to the bottom and stay there as the liquid steeps into a pleasant golden color.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Peppermint, Spearmint, Sugar

Brewed hot, as I did last night, this is mostly mint. The rose petals are pretty, but there really isn’t rose flavor. The mint isn’t an overwhelmingly strong mint, but it IS the only flavor.

I’ve also cold brewed this in the past, and that made the mint stronger but still no rose.

I think this would be nice to mix into other blends for mintiness without it being overwhelming, but it’s nothing special on it’s on in my opinion.

Sipdown. Meh. I got this from my brother. It’s very minty. The rose is not very noticeable. I like to add some manuka honey to make it more interesting. This isn’t bad, it’s just… mediocre.

I was in a tea rut. The things in my cupboard were all starting to look too familer, so I’ve got myself some new teas, to help refresh my palate.
I like mint tea. I like teas with rose in. Its loose leaf, and it came with a little jar with a cute wooden spoon attached. Sold.
Verdict? Not bad. Very minty, but the rose is still a presence. Its not overpowering, and I’m enjoying.
Excelent. Lovely to have a new tea to try.

teaqueen

I love Zhena’s teas. :) this one sounds very refreshing.

I really like this iced, it’s very refreshing. I don’t enjoy it hot though. It’s one of the few herbals I don’t get a “wet washrag” taste with – probably because I rarely get loose herbals and I suspect that taste comes from the paper from teabags.

Brewed hot, added some splenda, then iced it. Doesn’t need much sweetening. It’s a pretty amber beer color.

I will definitely drink this a lot this summer.

The scoop it comes with is annoyingly small – they say to use 5 scoops of tea with it.