Raspberry Earl Grey

Tea Bag
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB

• “When I got the Golden Moon newsletter, I about lost it. I can make iced tea that quickly? Four minutes and ice, no heating water? This is too good to be true. I dropped two of these sachets in a...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “A chameleon of a tea: starts of with lovely raspberry taking over the EG notes, then the EG pops up as it cools to say hello, and when cold, it's lost most of the raspberry and gains the perfumey...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 949 tasting notes
  • “Finally used this whole tin up! Not terrible, but I definitely won't repurchase (in fact, I don't plan on buying any more Zhena's teas... they've all been disappointing, unfortunately).” Read full tasting note
    alannahrose 433 tasting notes
  • “Raspberry Earl Grey! It's like something I'd make up for myself! First of all, this tea smells great before it's brewed. Strong on the raspberry, but not so strong that it reminds me of candy....” Read full tasting note
    tabby 458 tasting notes

From Zhena's Gypsy Tea

The floral aroma of juicy raspberries is perhaps the perfect complement to the sweet citrus and full-bodied flavor of Earl Grey. This more exceptional version of this classic tea is artisan hand-crafted in small batches and infused with only top-grade essential oils of real fruit to brew a sweet, succulent cup.

Steep in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.

Ingredients: Nilgiri Black Tea, Freeze-Dried Raspberries, Essential Oil of Italian Bergamot, Natural Raspberry Flavor.

About Zhena's Gypsy Tea View company

Replaced the yucked up Xmas blend with this ol’ reliable. Plus, I’d already cleaned 2 infusers today… a third was NOT happening. :P

Bought a sampler tin of this & loved it, drank all 5 bags! The rich raspberry flavour is bold paired with the tangyness of italian bergamot. Love love love this tea ♥

The most revolting thing I’ve ever tasted. No raspberry flavour, just overpowering bergamot and petrol. I admit, I only gave it a one cup shot, and didn’t finish the cup, but it was so horrid, I tossed the rest out. Thankfully, I bought this when it was on clearance!

This tea was a solid ok. I wasn’t expecting much for a bagged tea.. A bit weak for my tastes but the balance of raspberry and bergamot are pretty nice.

A pretty decent earl grey, but the raspberry is difficult to taste. Delicious with some added lemon.

This is one of my all-time favorite teas, and I have only ever been able to find a sample tin of it. T_T I weep forever that I cannot find more in stores. Its such a wonderful and delicious improvement on an already excellent classic.

I really wanted to like this tea… My sister bought me some. I’m a huge earl grey fan, but for my taste the raspberries were overpowering and it reminded me of the smell of a Bath & Body Works lotion. It could have been worse, for sure, but I wouldn’t buy another tin.

It smells increadible in the tin! That said, once brewed, the raspberry flavor wasn’t as apparent as I’d hoped it would be, but it was still a tasty cuppa Earl Grey. I prepared it the same way I do all other Earl Greys. Sweetened with suger (raw this time) and a splash of milk. Despite the not so apparent raspberry taste, no regrets on having picked this up.

I’m a big fan of Earl Grey anyway, but with the addition of raspberry, it’s even better. The raspberry balances out the bergamot rather nicely.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

My love of this tea is entirely my friend Victoria’s fault. She bought it first — we bought bought different teas actually from a store in our town, and she got this one and another… I actually forget which ones I bought. Anyway. So she had it at her house. And I had some of it. And fell in love.

There is a hint of a raspberry lemonadey taste to it, but overall it’s just a pleasant, slightly sweet, fruit and black tea flavour. It’s lovely clear — that’s how I’m drinking it now — or with milk and honey, and it doesn’t oversteep easily. I just enjoy having this tea around. It’s a great thing to drink.