Peach Ginger

Edit tea info Last updated by viv

From Zhena's Gypsy Tea

The pure poetry of finest Ceylon high mountain grown black tea leaves mingles with the sweet, succulent notes of orchard fresh peaches and the subtle, zingy character of ginger root for an enthralling cup. A wonderful choice any time of day, excellent over ice.

Ingredients: Ceylon & Indian black tea made with organic ginger root, organic peach flavor.

Embossed recyclable air tight tin containing 22 sachets of certified 100% fair trade and organic tea.

About Zhena's Gypsy Tea View company

Backlogging from Vacation #3:

I like this tea for the aromatic property. It smells like fresh peaches. It just doesn’t taste like peaches. I’m going to cold brew a big pitcher of this and see if it tastes better as an iced tea. My family is aware that I am going to be experimenting and they said that worse come to worse, I’ll have to drink the entire thing by myself. We will see.

Skulleigh

I had a sample of this and it definitely was better iced, to me.

Had a cup of this prepared at work today. It helped me get through some very tedious data entry. Thank you tea!

This is my 50th review on Steepster!
It’s peach and ginger flavored, and all I can say is that my sister and mom enjoyed this tea. It smells good, sometimes I open the can and smell and huff the tea like a teenager from the 1970s getting high on glue in a paper bag.
Once the can is empty, planning to Decoupage it with used postage stamps.
I’ll rate this one high because I think it smells and tastes good.

This tea brews a dark caramel liquor providing an aroma full of baked peaches and the hint of a spicy touch.

On the palate this tea morphs into something different. The profile is slightly astringent, drying the outer edges of the mouth. The peach flavor is more subtle at this point and the ginger tends to come through with just a tough more force. The flavor here is weaker than other peach/ginger blends I’ve had and I actually appreciate that.

I would recommend this blend to fans of peach flavored teas and lighter Indian and Ceylon black teas.

This tea has a great smell and the peach flavor actually smells like a fresh peach and not like a factory produced flavor. Taste wise, it’s very smooth and the peach and ginger kind of take a backseat. I’ve had other ginger teas where the ginger takes over so I was glad that it wasn’t undrinkable but it also wasn’t very exciting. For a tea called Peach Ginger its more like a whisper of peach ginger. Still the smell is great and it is a nice dependable smooth black tea.

I love this tea. It has an excellent mixture of peach and ginger, but the flavors are not so strong that the flavor of the black tea gets lost. I was sad to use the last of the tea in my tin. This one will go on my shopping list.

I expected more peach out of this since peach is listed first in the name, I got a lot of ginger. This tea has a real bite to it with just a hint of sweet and that bite was more noticeable when the tea cooled.

I ended up mixing my first steep and second together to cut down on the ginger and it was a lot better that way. I was able to taste a bit more of the peach. I’ll probably save my last two bags for next time my stomach is upset, this will be perfect.

Not my favorite peach tea, especially since I spent most of the day drinking mellow mango peach from Della Terra, but this wasn’t bad at all for a bagged tea.

Another great one from Gypsy teas!

Unfortunately, I burnt the roof of my mouth earlier today, so the first thing I get when I taste this is pain. :(
Ignoring that and sipping onward, it’s another understated fruit tea, actually reminding me a lot of the Exotic Fruits tea I reviewed recently. The peach lends a softness, though it doesn’t scream peach. I think it would pair very well with something sweet — this seems like a tea that would be even better with a pastry than on its own, though unfortunately I’m not hungry enough to test that hypothesis right now.

Not as good as my favorite apricot tea, but this is a nicely sweet tea with just a teeny little bite from the ginger. I only had a sample tin of this, so I’d like to get some more. Its a nice tea to drink if you have a stomach ache, but don’t like an overwhelming taste of ginger.