Peach Blossom Oolong

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Zhena's Gypsy Tea

Oolong Tea with Peach Flavor

About Zhena's Gypsy Tea View company

Received as a FREE SAMPLE via the Zhena Facebook Fanpage…see previous review…
Additional Notes:
Since the individual bag packaging has a LARGE “P” and “B” I always think it’s sayin’ PEANUT BUTTER…lol…doesn’t help my messed-up mind when the color of the wrapping is a Peanut Butter Color…hahahaha…

Nice review I did not see anything was it a short time offer. Peach Is something I really like.

Peanut butter tea…hmmm…off to search archives….you don’t suppose you could use Jif as a stir-in ….. ponderponderponderponder ….

silvermage2000 – not sure…I just happen to see it on the fanpage about 2 weeks ago…

This tea smelled wonderful like fresh, fragrant peaches when I opened the little package. There was only one serving in one of those pyramid-shaped sachets – a big thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending it to me, BTW. :D

The taste is distinctly that of a dark oolong – bakey with a slightly woodsey note to it. Unfortunately I found that it tasted more than a little on the harsh side in the way you’d expect a lower-quality oolong to taste. The peach flavouring was nice – it wasn’t too artificial and meshed pretty well with the oolong like it belonged there, and I think made it less unpleasent.

Most of the harshness seemed to be gone when I resteeped it (@ 4 min) and enough of the peach flavour still lingered to make it interesting. So this tea is definitely good for more than one go.

All in all this strikes me as a pretty average tea – if the oolong base were better I probably would have rated it higher.

I had a cup of this tea with dinner. I’ve reviewed it previously:

It’s just kind of ok today. Not as good as I remember it. I don’t know what it is about today’s cup, but it seemed over-flavored. Like too much peach. It’s a little cloying.

It’s alright, but, I would have liked some of the Oolong to come through.

It’s not that peachy in flavour, but still pretty good. There are some hints of fruit, but I just like the base tea.

Peach is a good flavoring for tea. The extracts seem to stay fairly true to the natural taste. Anyway, this is a good example, used on a dark oolong in a nice “silken” tea bag. It tastes like you’d imagine; nothing that special. I guess the reason for putting flavor on oolong is that the tea is nondescript, or simply to create more varieties of tea to offer. The peach flavor was good, a nice juicy peach, but it covered over the tea flavor enough that I couldn’t judge the tea itself, but it must have been okay. I didn’t feel the need to sweeten it up, either; no bitter or astringent tastes. It made a good second steep and probably would have done again. Pretty darn good for a tea bag! And I like the business practices of the company.