Huang Da Cha

Yellow Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Angrboda

1 Tasting Note View all

From ZhenTea

This tea delivers a brisk and refreshing yellow tea experience with a delicious ‘after sweet’ (hui gan) reminiscent of strawberries. The dry leaf aroma is at first chocolaty but with hints of field berries that foreshadow the coming tasting experience. Our light first infusion was brisk and had a quick and gentle strawberry after sweet. The following infusions were more brisk with an opening flavour of seaside meadows that melted into hints of chocolate aroma with a cleansing after sweet that made the whole sip from start to finish just delightful.

About ZhenTea View company

1 Tasting Note

Geek Steep S1E10 – Squirrel Girl

Firstly, a shout out to my friend and coworker Red Phoenix for kindly gifting me this tea sample!! This was the tea I drank during recording for the episode – and I actually made a teapot of it and shared it with Marika, so this was the first episode where we drank the same tea while recording!

I don’t always love yellow tea, but in my humble opinion the best yellow teas are the ones with toasty peanut and hazelnut notes and when I opened the bag of this tea that’s exactly what it smelled like! Really cozy, roasty and perfect. Also perfectly themed for the Geek of the Week, Squirrel Girl! Both Marika and I went the obvious route with our “main pairings” by choosing super nutty tea blends, but this was sort of a less obvious way of approaching that nutty taste – and I loved that we got to share the pot and enjoy it together!

Also to give some insight of how far out in advance some of our podcast episodes were recorded…

We drank this during September, and the reason we ended up sharing a pot of tea while recording (aside from it just being a nice thing to do) was because the September Sipdown prompt for the day was to share a pot of tea with someone!

Our Website: https://www.geeksteep.com/
Our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/geeksteep/

Listen to us on Buzzsprout:

DB topic:

If you want to get caught up on the Geek of The Week for next Thursday, the spoiler for our explored fandom is at the bottom of our latest DB post!