Violet Femme

Edit tea info Last updated by Dustin

From Zhi Tea

Cousin to the famous Earl, we welcome the illustrious Violet Femme. Resplendent. Elegant. Complex. Mysterious.

Not so simple and definitely refined, Violet Femme takes her cues from the well-balanced Earl Grey and goes a step further with a splash of creamy vanilla and luxurious lavender. The resulting cup is evocative, aromatic, and smooth.

Violet Femme is great cool, too, so try her over ice for a refreshing summer treat.

USDA Organic and Fair Trade

About Zhi Tea View company

A while back I soaked a bunch of this in some vodka and made an extract of this tea which I used when I made some marshmallows and they turned out SOOOO GOOD!!! Now when I drink this tea it brings me back to the memory of stuffing my face full of marshmallows! Today I’m having it with cream and sugar and it is super delicious. I steeped it for two minutes just below boiling and it think that is the magic settings for this tea because it is perfect. It has a nice lavender punch to it with an amazing aftertaste. I can’t pick out any citrus on it’s own, but I suspect it is working with the lavender to perk up and amplify the floral flavor. This tea is pretty amazing and ALMOST makes up for them discontinuing their Kashmiri Chai, which was my all time favorite. If you like lavender, this one is a must try!

Zhi, if you are reading this, job well done on the VF and bring back the KC by any means necessary!!!!

Stephanie

Wow, cool idea on the marshmallows!!

Indigobloom

Oh man I forgot all about that. And I went camping. Twice!

Dustin

They turned out really good! I also did a batch of raspberry white chocolate coated in matcha. They were super yum too!

Indigobloom

Mmmmm. I think I’ll try it with some variation of chocolate. Not sure if I’ll use chocolate tea or cocoa. Or maybe cacao.

From the Here’s Hoping TTB, Round 4

Happy Thanksgiving! I was supposed to make pumpkin pie but didn’t prep enough so I’m making due with apple pie and some green bean casserole.

This tea smells deliciously sweet and creamy. Almost too creamy. I never really got into lavender scents until recently, and this certainly appeals to that sweeter type of lavender. It ends up just smelling delicious instead of bathroom-perfume-herbaly.

The tea is actually kind of brisk, which is a nice contrast to the how thick it smells. It’s a little astringent in that good way, and makes for a very nice morning cup.

Thank you so much MzPriss! This one sounded amazing: bergamot, cream, lavender on a base of assam. Cornflowers make the blend look gorgeous. And the scent makes me want to drink it… now. Maybe I didn’t steep it well enough, but the flavor isn’t as strong as I’d wish it was. Everything is kind of mild here… just hints of the bergamot, cream, lavender and even the tea which should be stronger because it’s an assam. At least none of the ingredients of the blend overpower the others. The second cup accidentally steeped for six minutes but it was a bit tastier anyway. I love the name. I had a Violent Femmes song in my head yesterday for some reason.
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // few minutes after boiling // 3 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 6 min

Backlog:

Always happy to try Earl Grey varieties that I’ve not yet sampled.

The sharp, tangy bergamot is nicely softened here by sweet, creamy vanilla. I love the touch of lavender. Everything comes together in a really nice way.

The black tea has a nice richness to it. It is bold without being overly astringent. Not bitter but I wouldn’t advise oversteeping. 2 1/2 minutes in my Breville one touch makes it perfect.

The bergamot is strong, but I like the way the sweet vanilla softens the edges of the bergamot. There is almost a caramel-y note to this too. The lavender is soft here, not at all overdone, so there’s no soapy taste.

Masterfully blended.

sherapop

Sounds great—I, too, am always looking for a good purple Earl!