Violet Femme

Edit tea info Last updated by Dustin

• “Violet Femme. Heh. Cute. Went on a walk to Zhi Tea today and grabbed a sample of this since I have been interested in violet teas. The people that work there are always so sweet, accommodating and...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 440 tasting notes
  • “Thank you so much MzPriss! This one sounded amazing: bergamot, cream, lavender on a base of assam. Cornflowers make the blend look gorgeous. And the scent makes me want to drink it... now. Maybe...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1330 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: Always happy to try Earl Grey varieties that I've not yet sampled. The sharp, tangy bergamot is nicely softened here by sweet, creamy vanilla. I love the touch of lavender. ...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes

From Zhi Tea

Cousin to the famous Earl, we welcome the illustrious Violet Femme. Resplendent. Elegant. Complex. Mysterious.

Not so simple and definitely refined, Violet Femme takes her cues from the well-balanced Earl Grey and goes a step further with a splash of creamy vanilla and luxurious lavender. The resulting cup is evocative, aromatic, and smooth.

Violet Femme is great cool, too, so try her over ice for a refreshing summer treat.

USDA Organic and Fair Trade

About Zhi Tea View company

Violet Femme. Heh. Cute.
Went on a walk to Zhi Tea today and grabbed a sample of this since I have been interested in violet teas. The people that work there are always so sweet, accommodating and mellow! So it turns out this isn’t actually violet flavored, it is lavender and it smelled so good that I had to try it. I love floral flavors and this definitely has that! The citrus, lavender and vanilla dance so well together in the scent of this tea dry. At first I smell the combination of all three merged, then they take turns standing out on their own. I want to smell like this tea all the time!

It is late in the day and the other Zhi teas I have had pack quite the caffeinated punch, so we will see if I regret this cup come bedtime! Once it is brewed the smell is almost honey like. Citrusy honey with a touch of lavender on the end.

The first sip was a little harsh. Not sure if it was the tea base or the lavender punch, but it quickly subsided and smoothed out. Again, the flavors take turns merging and stepping out. It tastes quite good without sugar and I’m a sugar in my flavored tea kinda gal. I could enjoy the whole cup like this, but I’m going to try it sweet too. Hmmm, it is good with sugar too, but it doesn’t really make this tea significantly better, just different. I think it is better without.

Overall this tea is pretty tasty and I wouldn’t mind having it around for a while! If you like floral, give it a go!

Thank you so much MzPriss! This one sounded amazing: bergamot, cream, lavender on a base of assam. Cornflowers make the blend look gorgeous. And the scent makes me want to drink it… now. Maybe I didn’t steep it well enough, but the flavor isn’t as strong as I’d wish it was. Everything is kind of mild here… just hints of the bergamot, cream, lavender and even the tea which should be stronger because it’s an assam. At least none of the ingredients of the blend overpower the others. The second cup accidentally steeped for six minutes but it was a bit tastier anyway. I love the name. I had a Violent Femmes song in my head yesterday for some reason.
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // few minutes after boiling // 3 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 6 min

Backlog:

Always happy to try Earl Grey varieties that I’ve not yet sampled.

The sharp, tangy bergamot is nicely softened here by sweet, creamy vanilla. I love the touch of lavender. Everything comes together in a really nice way.

The black tea has a nice richness to it. It is bold without being overly astringent. Not bitter but I wouldn’t advise oversteeping. 2 1/2 minutes in my Breville one touch makes it perfect.

The bergamot is strong, but I like the way the sweet vanilla softens the edges of the bergamot. There is almost a caramel-y note to this too. The lavender is soft here, not at all overdone, so there’s no soapy taste.

Masterfully blended.

sherapop

Sounds great—I, too, am always looking for a good purple Earl!