Apple Cider

Honeybush Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Backlog: I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this tea. It really tastes like apple cider! I've tried a few different teas that have tried to capture the flavor of apple cider, but Zhi...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4637 tasting notes

From Zhi Tea

Apple cider tea. A new twist on an old favorite. Created by one of our ambitious and talented employees here at Zhi, this honeybush based herbal tea has a nice, soothing mellow flavor profile. Chock full of organic apple bits and cinnamon, the aroma is at once familiar and comforting. A zero caffeine beverage for any time of day or year, but especially great during the fall and winter as the days a darker, the air is cooler, and you just want to sit with a calming, flavorful cup of a gorgeous herbal tea.

About Zhi Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Backlog:

I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed this tea. It really tastes like apple cider! I’ve tried a few different teas that have tried to capture the flavor of apple cider, but Zhi Tea really nailed it with this honeybush tisane … although I doubted it would end up being so close to apple cider flavor before I brewed it because – there’s coconut flakes in there! What?

But it all melds together in a really delicious way. The coconut flavor was dominant in the first couple of sips, but then I found the coconut notes begin to taper off and sort of fuse into the cup and become part of the whole, creating a taste that is very interestingly apple cider-y.

The apple notes are sweet and the cloves and cinnamon accentuate and add warmth. The honeybush doesn’t add a really strong flavor of its own, more like an earthy background that brings the spices into focus. The vanilla gives the cup balance, and similar to the aforementioned coconut, it doesn’t really taste distinctly of vanilla, rather, it’s more like part of the whole fusion of flavors to create the apple cider illusion for the palate.

I really liked this.