Tropical Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by azuki

From Zhi Tea

Make no mistake, this is no ordinary organic tropical green tea blend.

We use a high grade, tasty sencha tea and fold in real pineapple and papaya pieces, rose petals, calendula and safflowers, for a colorful and incredibly delightful tea. This is fantastic as a chilled tea, as well. We made this to be an unabashedly indulgent tea, so dive in.

About Zhi Tea View company

I just have to say that this smells awesome prior to steeping/infusing – it smells like tropical fruit and once you infuse it’s tropical fruit scent PLUS tropical floral scents tied in!

Taste-wise it’s all of the above but you can certainly taste the Sencha! It’s sweet, juicy, fruity, grassy, floral, and Green Tea!!!

This is a very good flavored green!

Ok so I don’t think this is one that has aged well if I deduce the same one tea has been around since its first tasting notes on here 3 years ago. There’s something off about it. It doesn’t smell much like fruit at all, and it barely tastes like pineapple…and there’s just something weird about the aftertaste. I know I slightly steeped it longer than I wanted to, but it’s not the taste of oversteeping.

Another to join the garden I need to get started on soon, if only I hadn’t just painted my nails. Amanda problems.

So….I have a massive amount of backlogging to do. I ordered the giant box of fun from LiberTEAS on TeaTrade (aka the flat rate box of 30+ teas) a little while ago (I think it’s been a month…wow) and I have been drinking them but I never remember to log anything :P

BTW…thank you so much LiberTEAS, this was a really generous box of tea and I can’t wait to try them all (30 was definitely an understatement :) )

So this is the most recent one that I have tried from the box. I wasn’t able to pick out any of the specific flavors in this one…it just tasted “tropical-fruity”. Really good though – it’s smooth and the flavors blend together nicely.

Such a beautiful tea to watch steep! All of the petals and pieces of fruit. The aroma is quite strong of pineapple and passion fruit, I could inhale this all day. Unfortunately, I’m not getting much of that flavor in the taste. Just a very slight hint of passionfruit on the back end of the swallow. I’m not even getting much green tea flavor. Maybe this needs a longer steeping time or cooler brewing temp. The packaging recommended 3 minutes at 185F, a bit hotter than I normally brew greens.

Ahhh…I found a bit more flavor. If I slurp the tea as it is cooling the pineapple comes through and a sweet fruit flavor that might be the papaya is also present. Okay, this is a little better now!

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea. It is nice to be tasting this one again. I reviewed it for the Tea Review Blog previously:

It’s a good one!

This tea smells very tropical when dry but it is more subtle once brewed. I don’t find it overpowering like some of the other fruit teas from Zhi. Tastes fantastic both hot and iced!