Cacao Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by azuki

From Zhi Tea

Our Zhi Signature Blend Organic Cacao Chai has been lovingly hand-crafted to satisfy the most discerning chai aficionados and dark chocolate lovers.

Organic Assam Black Tea with cinnamon, cardamon and ginger, pure vanilla and an abundance of organic Peruvian cacao nibs.

This Chai loves whole organic milk and turbinado sugar! We created this blend due to overwhelming demand – at home!

Join us in a steaming cup of this sumptuous delight.

About Zhi Tea View company

Two chais in one day? Yep… I just got back from the post office and I wanted something warm to cuddle up to, and since hubby is at work, I opted for something better … err … um … chocolate-y instead.

YUM! The chocolate here is more of a dark, bittersweet chocolate (I guess you could add milk if you wanted a creamier chocolate, but I like it just fine as is). The spices are warm. The black tea base offers a solid background of flavor – not a strong flavor in the foreground but it seems to enhance the overall cup very well.

I like this one a whole lot. Makes me wish I had bought more than just a sample of this tea.

Please keep things friendly and .

Yes, I forgot this one was in transit….
This one is lightly chocolate, and definitely has a heat to it. I think it might be the ginger. It is good if you like a spicy chai with a little twist. Very enjoyable, but not top on my list as I tend to shy away from the more spicy blends.

1 1/2 cup water, 3 heaping tsp chai, simmer 3 minutes. Add 3/4 cup skim milk and simmer for 2 more minutes. Strain. Lightly sweetened.

Please keep things friendly and .

Good Desert tea. Would go well with cheesecake. The description above says it all.

Please keep things friendly and .

Have I really never reviewed this tea before?! How is that possible as I near the bottom of my 2nd tin?!

I really love this chai. It’s a good staple in my cupboard. I’m trying to get my stash under control and haven’t bought any tea yet this year in that effort, but I’m going to have a hard time not immediately restocking this. Zhi chais tend to be heavy on the cardamon, which I really enjoy. This also has a good clove zing and a bit of cinnamon in the end of the sip. The cacao is more noticeable at the end of the sip and really shines in the aftertaste making it smooth. The Zhi blends that I have tend to be well caffeinated, which is appreciated on sluggish mornings like this one where I need that bit of extra help motivating.

I have one more cup worth of this tea and it’s going to be hard to say goodbye, even if I know it’s not permanent. Once my tea hoard is in a manageable state, I can start adding favorites like this one back.

Please keep things friendly and .

Had a cup this morning and couldn’t really taste the chocolate but after resteeping just now it’s hitting me pretty strongly. I added a splash of whole milk and honey as usual and I’ve gotta say I’m really satisfied with this chai.

Please keep things friendly and .

Drinking this now. Lovely, lovely, lovely. It’s like someone took chai & melted a chunk of dark chocolate in it – the chocolate taste isn’t overpowering, but it’s certainly there. I steeped for 8 minutes in 3/4 c of boiling water, then added 1/4 cup almond milk & a bit of honey. Definitely recommended for chocolate & chai lovers.

Boiling 8 min or more