Coconut Chai

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by azuki

From Zhi Tea

Our Zhi House Blend Coconut Chai begins with organic coconut pieces and our top-quality organic Assam Black whole leaf tea.

Accompanying this superb pairing is a medley of organic coconut, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom. Bursting with the essence of the tropics, this handcrafted blend will soothe, nourish, and uplift your spirits.Share a steaming mug with a good friend.

This chai loves soy milk and agave nectar!

About Zhi Tea View company

Again, this is very good – nice and sweet, but not overpowering, and you definitely taste the coconut – but it’s very mild for a chai.

IdentiTEA

A mild chai, you say? Did you add milk or drink it straight up?

Bethany

Straight up. I made it once with milk before, and it was even milder.

IdentiTEA

Awesome. I’ve been on the look out for a mild chai… because with most of the chai’s I’ve had, it seems like they just throw a bunch of cloves at you and call it “spiced”… uh, no. I’ll have to look into this one. Thanks for posting the note.

Bethany

Yes, it’s definitely good, just a bit mild for me. Zhi’s Kashmiri Chai is very similar, but with a green base and no coconut. I’d recommend them both.

denisend

Tavalon has a mild chai as well (I think it’s the vanilla that smooths it out) – the Kama Chai Sutra. I like a strong chai, so I didn’t rate it very high, but for a mild chai with the traditional spice blend it may be what you’re looking for. If you wait until Tavalon is featured in the Steepster Select, you can use the 20% off coupon, too!

Backlog:

I ordered some of this chai for a friend as a Christmas gift, so I decided that I needed to get some for myself too. It’s a yummy chai.

The Assam base is malty and rich. I like how the malty notes of the Assam meld with the creamy sweetness from the coconut. The coconut adds just the right creamy touch to this for me, I don’t need to add milk or cream to have a latte-ish type of chai experience with this chai.

This is not an overly spicy chai: sweet cinnamon, warm cardamom and a kick of ginger. It’s warm and cozy tasting, but not really spicy … but still very enjoyable.

I have been nursing a cup of this all morning. It’s about done and I’ll be resteeping soon. There is a nice creamy coconut base to this with some spices on top. I have had it for a while and the coconut hasn’t gone bad yet, which is nice. It is a little more like coconut with spice rather than a chai, but either way it is hitting the spot right now.