Ginger Peach Oolong

Fruit Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by azuki

• “Steep Information: Tool: Teapot with Mesh basket strainer Served: Hot I ordered a 2 person pot, the leaves were brought out with pot, and more hot water was provided. Tasting Notes: Steeped Tea...” Read full tasting note
    amazonv 702 tasting notes
  • “I've always adored peach teas, if they are actually made with real peach, that is. I don't drink them often now, because I'm rarely happy with them, but when you find a good one, it's great hot or...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2897 tasting notes
  • “The dry tea leaves have a creamy ginger snap scent. Pretty & long tea leaves. Brewed, the tea is a perfect ginger color. The scent is a toasted oolong so I was excited to take a sip. The flavor...” Read full tasting note
    Lee 225 tasting notes
  • “Great aroma- a good combination of ginger and peach. As for taste, it was a bit heavier on the spice than peach. Overall a decent cup when you're looking for something spicy and sweet. ” Read full tasting note
    rchd 10 tasting notes

From Zhi Tea

Zhi House Blend Organic Ginger Peach Oolong is as exotic and luxurious as it sounds.

Hand-blended by our master craftsman, Ginger Peach Oolong is designed to appeal to all your senses. Our top quality organic Shui Xian Oolong, organic ginger root, and organic juicy peach pieces combine to create a superbly refreshing, aromatic, and robust flavor experience.

The ginger gives a hint of bright spiciness while the peach adds a touch of sweetness and softness. Ginger Peach Oolong is an outstanding drink, if we may say so ourselves, that also produces a jaw-dropping iced tea. Invite your friends, they’ll love you for it.

A little more about our blending base for Organic Ginger Peach Oolong. We love the full flavor of the Shui Xian (water sprite), a 70% oxidized oolong leaf. This Ginger Peach has the pronounced robustness of our Wu Yi rock tea, but is a little less intense which provides a gentle base for the ginger and peach to shine through.

A great Shui Xian should support multiple steepings and have a nice, round body with a long smooth finish. You’ll note that Ginger Peach Oolong has all these qualities with a distinct floral character that comes through as well. Ginger Peach is like a fine wine, the flavors are robust yet refreshingly fruity at the same time. Ginger Peach is the best thing for ginger lovers and the peach is something to remind you of long hot summer days.

About Zhi Tea View company

Steep Information:
Tool: Teapot with Mesh basket strainer
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Steeped Tea Smell: toasty, floral, light peach
Flavor: roasty, nutty
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: floral, slight perfume, hints of ginger
Liquor: translucent brown-orange

The peach comes through as a slight sweet flavor.
The ginger is a back of the tongue tang after each sip.
The tea is enjoyable, but not extraordinary.

Resteep:
Just as good

Rating: 2/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2012/01/zhi-tea-loose-leaf-oolong-tea-ginger.html

ScottTeaMan

Sounds like a good flavor combo with the oolong. What would have made this tea more enjoyable for you??

AmazonV

i am not a fan of flavor, but i think either a stronger peach or stronger ginger, i am from the if you are favoring flavor it a lot camp

I’ve always adored peach teas, if they are actually made with real peach, that is. I don’t drink them often now, because I’m rarely happy with them, but when you find a good one, it’s great hot or iced. In my opinion, the best peach teas require the following:

First, REAL peach. Granted, I understand that dried fruits don’t always add a lot of flavor, so you’re never going to get a super peachy tasting tea. I can complain, or I can practice acceptance. Please don’t add a bunch of phony flavoring to my peach tea. That sucks.

Second, the bass should be a Wuyi Oolong. Their roasty & natural stone fruit qualities enhance the peachiness. That’s that. (although secretly lately I’ve wondered if some of the Taiwanese tres 18 sun moon lake Black teas might be good with peach, due to their fruity qualities).

Third, include ginger, because ginger & peach is awesome.

Fourth, if you really want to bring the peachiness out, add a pinch of sweetness to your cup. You’ll be glad you did.

So this one, which is a sample sent to me from Lee, is nice! Real peach chunks, Shui Xian oolong, ginger! I drank the first cup straight, & it was tasty. I drank the resteep with a pinch of sweet, & it’s dessert. Thanks Lee!
Sipdown!

The dry tea leaves have a creamy ginger snap scent. Pretty & long tea leaves.
Brewed, the tea is a perfect ginger color. The scent is a toasted oolong so I was excited to take a sip. The flavor is subtle toasted malt with a ginger accent.
I have not smelled or tasted any peach notes but as I look at the rest of my dry tea leaves, I am seeing little bits that must be peach fruit bits so maybe I didn’t get any fruit bits in this serving. I will have to try this one again and make sure to get fruit bits in the steeping.

Overall a decent cup when you’re looking for something spicy and sweet.