Masala Chai

Black Chai Flowering Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by azuki

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I tried this last night, and let me start off by saying I am not an avid black tea/chai drink...er-um aka "maker". See, I love chai but I always buy it already prepared at a tea bar or coffee shop....” Read full tasting note
    shae050 132 tasting notes

From Zhi Tea

Exotic organic flavor sensation! Our Zhi House Blend Masala Chai is everything you can desire in a chai and much more. We begin with our organic Assam Black and fold in heaps of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and vanilla – all organic and high grade – in the perfect amounts.

What results is a spicy cup, but not overwhelming, with a hint of vanilla sweetness.

This tea is great straight with a brief steep or lovingly simmered and taken with organic milk and natural sweetener. We recommend blue agave nectar for a creamy, luscious delight.

About Zhi Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

I tried this last night, and let me start off by saying I am not an avid black tea/chai drink…er-um aka “maker”. See, I love chai but I always buy it already prepared at a tea bar or coffee shop. I do this, because I am lazy to brew it on the stove and then strain it. Alright, so with that being said I made this in my brand new Stump teapot that I got from Zhi tea (very cute btw). Now, I made this for one 6oz cup…well since I never used this teapot before I didn’t know 6oz doesn’t even come up to the filter :-( so I guessed on how much extra tea leaves to put in there to make up the difference for the water so that it would actually cover the bottom of the filter. That cup was weak as water, but smelled good! So I tried again with the same tea leaves and added another tsp. and that one was a bit stronger but still weak, so I tossed it as well and decided to start over another day.

SO from the look for the loose leaf and the smell and what little taste I got, this seems like a good chai, but just a bad user error this go around.

But on another note I ordered from them Monday and got my order Thursday!!! That is by far the fastest shipping I have had so far so I was pleased with that ;-)