drank Lychee Black by The Tao of Tea

This tea has a light, fruity flavor that is subtle rather than overpowering. It’s smooth and fairly pleasant to drink and I imagine it would take milk and sugar well. However, though it’s full-bodied, it lacks character.

Despite hating fruity teas, I actually wish the lychee was more prominent. The dry leaves smell delicious, but the brewed tea doesn’t really hold up to the promise.

I’ll try brewing this tea with 190° water next time and see if that makes a difference.

I grew up drinking oolong. My parents would toss a pinch of leaves into our cups and we’d steep them again and again until the brew was tasteless. Sometimes my little sister and I would throw some toasted rice in there and munch through our sips while doing homework or watching TV.

I had never had any other tea until I was in college. My first non-oolong tea was Earl Grey and I dumped it down the drain. Milk, sugar, bergamot oil, black tea—what a shock!

Years later and I’ve now become a big fan of all other types of tea and tisanes as well. As cheesy as it might sound, I believe tea is a very personal experience. There will always be something new to surprise you, yet there is nothing so reliable as a good cup of tea.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am an employee at Stash Tea, though I am not representing them on Steepster in any way. While I will log my honest reviews of both Stash’s and other companies’ teas, I won’t be posting any ratings so as not to come off as biased.

PDX