It’s late, and I’m slowly turning into a pumpkin, so I’m going to give this a much quicker and less detailed review than it truly deserves. I’d backlog it in the morning… but… no. That probably wouldn’t do a lot of justice for any kind of masala beverage anyway, let alone a kangaroo.

The most noticeable flavor at first is the clove. While the clove does definitely take the center stage, it isn’t an overwhelming level of clove, present, but not domineering. The cardamom comes next, with a hint of ginger and pepper at the end, rounding off into the natural woodsy-ness of the kangaroo base. The clove flavor lingers quite a bit, and really blends in nicely with that lingering bush flavor that always seems to stick in my throat with a kangaroo blend.

This blend claims to have cinnamon in it… but I seem to be losing it in the clove somewhere. Or, I may have waited too long, as this is quite cool by now.

Overall, a very strong kangaroo chai, and we’ll be keeping this one around. I would want more cinnamon, but that is always, ALWAYS the case. Missy has threatened to sweeten any tea I drink with Hot Tamales before.

ScottTeaMan

Ahhh, it seems you and Missy are closer in time and space than I first realized! Yes, it must be serendipity! :))

Kittenna

Ehe. Will not tire of hearing about kangaroo. Endlessly amused (I’m rather lame, aren’t I).

Missy

hehe not lame you are just able to appreciate our goofiness :D

Comments

ScottTeaMan

Kittenna

Missy

hehe not lame you are just able to appreciate our goofiness :D

My fiancé and I are beginning to enjoy tea infusion, and it’s slowly becoming an interesting hobby that the two of us can share. Maybe not slowly… it’s somewhat amazing how much tea you can buy when everything looks shiny and new.

Tea Rating system:

90 – 100: This is a tea I will always have on hand at work, and at home. I will leave it on altars as offerings of perfection.

80 – 89: This, or one of it’s close cousins, will likely be in my cabinet at home. When this tea runs out, I will buy more. I’ll always wonder if there is something better, but be too afraid to look to stray from home to find it.

70 – 79: Definitely good, but not a clear winner. I enjoy it, I’ll finish it, but I probably won’t buy it again until I’ve exhausted all other versions of this product from any reputable retailer. Though, it may enjoy a resurrection for custom blending.

60 – 69: This tea is okay, but definitely not something I’m going to brew again. I’m going to give what I have left away.

30 – 59: I didn’t finish drinking this tea. I actually poured it out, and went for something else. I’ll still give this tea away, but I’ll do it with a warning and a plead for forgiveness.

0 – 29: This tea is riding securely towards an iceberg at the helm of the failboat. I’ve taken this out of my tea tin, and laid it on a napkin as potpurri. I do not consider it fit for human consumption.

Tacoma, Washington, United States