A perplexing sheng, for sure. The cake had intense, iron-fisted compression that made flaking new leaves difficult. The opening aroma was a stellar display of fresh strawberries. Unfortunately, this character quickly faded. The first three steeps were thin, dry soups of green-tea-like grassiness, a faint hint of bile, and some raw grains. Around the fourth steep, the soup thickened up and gave a very generic sweetness, losing raw edges, but not gaining much depth. I’m not in much hurry to return to this one.

the_skua

Let me just follow up that this tea has an intense, jittery, angry, and strong qi to it. I’ve never felt anything like it, but it’s probably something like cocaine. I wouldn’t know. I’ve never felt as affected, negatively, by a tea as this one.

Comments

the_skua

Peace Dale, Rhode Island