This tea has bones. Yesterday’s Zi Yun Shan was palatable, if a bit flat. However, today, the Li Li Xiang lit me up. Nice tight nuggets of roasted delight grew into large crumpled and creased muddy-colored leaves. Nice chewy depth with flavors of almond, apricot, and a nip of lychee. The moderate amount of roast really adds depth and complexity to an otherwise expectable flavor. A bit nutty, as toasted sesame seeds. Most importantly, this tea held on. A layer at the bottom of my 6oz gaiwan lasted many, many steeps and gave a succulent brew from a 48 minute steep (!) at the end. I’m impressed by the quality of such an affordable (on-sale) tea. One that reminds me how good more oxidized, roasted oolongs can be.