In terms of flavor, this tea was clean and delicious, if a bit one-dimensional. It had friendly vegetal greenness, a faint bit of brine, and some distant tangerine leaves. The viscosity of the brew was enjoyable, with a long, lingering thick sweetness, dappled with near-savory umami. I did think, though, that the proportion of near-dust was rather high and may have contributed to my initial bitter brew.

What this tea did remarkably well was load me up with a massive theanine glow. It was nearly immediate, strong, and beautiful. A sensation of heaviness came over me, and I just sat on the patio, smiled, and watched the Sunday morning open with high clouds, a gentle breeze through the garden, and the cheerful song of goldfinches dance across the yard.

Blog post: http://tea.theskua.com/?p=21

Maeda-en

glad you liked it! our shin-cha are given a quick “deep steam” so it is a little more crumblier than other brands. this year’s shin-cha has been very very good.

the_skua

I forgot that fukamushi teas produce a smaller particle.

It’s clear that you source quality leaves. Many of your teas withstood high water temperatures and multiple steeps, which I always find to be a good sign for japanese greens.

Thanks for indulging me.

Comments

Maeda-en

the_skua

I forgot that fukamushi teas produce a smaller particle.

Thanks for indulging me.