The wet leaves opened with hot cotton, warm dryers and some bursts of intense ashy smoke. The first flavors rocked between cantaloupe and cooked strawberry and freshly smoked whitefish.

Middle steeps produced a light tartness in the vein of white cranberry flesh – but never intensely sour.

This yiwu proved dazzling in the finish, with a lovely, terse, complex bitterness holding long and giving herbal satisfaction. I enjoyed this tea’s understated, complex, and composed beauty. Wrapping up with fermented cocoa nib dryness in the throat, it was hard not to be impressed. This is my kind of sheng.

Full blog post: http://tea.theskua.com/?p=275

cultureflip

wow, 99. i tried a sample of this not too long ago when i was but a babe in the way of puerh and i remember it being good (like pretty much all of tim’s tea).

teaddict

You reminded me to go back and finish the tasting group from last week. Thanks!

the_skua

I was very impressed. Unfortunately, it sells for a price I couldn’t even imagine paying for a cake.

teaddict

I hadn’t looked at that. Yikes. I am really enjoying my 2008 Yi Wu bamboo aged puerh from Norbu—another stellar brewing on Friday got people very enthused—but I probably will drink it all up long before it gets another 2 years on it, to see if it could achieve similar class to this one.

Oh well.

the_skua

That one looks mildly more affordable. :) Glad to know it was good, I’ve been wanting to try a bamboo pu’er for a while, so I may give that one a run.

Comments

cultureflip

teaddict

You reminded me to go back and finish the tasting group from last week. Thanks!

Oh well.