Finally finishing off my precious last bits of this sample. I liked this cake, and it’s still available on Yunnan Sourcing, but it has recently exceeded my price point.

I like this tea for it’s straw and mushroom, it’s balance of sweet and bitter, and both it’s challenge and easy of brewing. It’s one of those teas that can be seen very differently, dependent entirely on the lens you’re viewing it through on a particular day.

Under the cold, wet early clouds and rain of this March morning, it has those pungent grassy and umami flavors, all wrapped up with tongue-coating texture. I will miss this one.