Such an interesting tea. I recently finished up a 12.5g pack, with another 12.5g pack set aside for aging as part of my white tea aging experiment. While this tea is white by process, it’s black by flavor. There’s such an incredible rich sweetness that comes naturally from this tea, like light maple syrup or agave nectar. Cooked stonefruit rounds out. What impresses me the most about this tea is it’s durability. Gong-fu style, I was able to produce rich tea for about 12 infusions!

teaddict

What kind of tea-to-water ratio did you use to get 12 infusions out of it? That’s very impressive for any white tea. I don’t think I’ve ever gotten as many without reaching light sweet water.

CHAroma

Agreed, tell us more!

the_skua

I think it’s this tea in particular, that can do so many infusions. I used about 2.5g in 80mL.

teaddict

That’s a leaf/water ratio I’d use, so I agree, it must be the tea and not just really concentrated brewings.

Comments

teaddict

CHAroma