I decided to revisit Jackee this morning to see if I could achieve caramel bliss. But, I thought, even if I couldn’t, I could definitely use the wake-up kick I got last time! Getting up at 5:30am is so hard. :cries:

I used considerably less leaf than I did last time – about half the amount I usually use. (I couldn’t tell you exactly how much that is, because everything is just an estimation, haha.)

It’s gotten a lot smoother this time. When it was still piping hot, the smokiness was still there with strength, but it’s fading a little bit as the tea cools, and I’m getting a little burnt sugar hint. I’m definitely closer to caramel with this cup, but still haven’t gotten it. Maybe my start temp isn’t high enough. I’ll have to try at home, where I actually have control over how hot the water gets. Or maybe I should heat my mug first, so I don’t lose water temperature when I fill it. Oh, the many many things I could try.

But I gotta say, smokiness is a good waking-up tool, so I’m happy about that. :)

takgoti

I’m going to make some of this right now, actually. He’s a slippery bugger.

Ricky

5:30?!? Hopefully that’s not even day.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

The mug heating makes about a 10° difference for me, at least when it’s cold out.

the quiet life

@Ricky – Did you mean “every day”? :P If so, it’s close enough! Monday through Thursday. ;_; But I think it’d be even harder if it weren’t every day!

@chrine – That’s good to know! I did this at the office, and it’s always cold at the office, so I’ll definitely do that next time! :)

Ricky

Sorry! Yes, I meant every day. I don’t know what made me type even. Haha. That’s true! I have to wake up at 7 one day and the rest of the days are 8-9pm so that one hour difference really throws off my schedule and it’s right smacked on Tuesdays.

Comments

takgoti

I’m going to make some of this right now, actually. He’s a slippery bugger.

Ricky

5:30?!? Hopefully that’s not even day.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

the quiet life

Ricky

I blame half of my tea obsession on Japan and the time I spent there in a study abroad program. Tea is everywhere in Japan, and I drank it daily while staying with my host family. When I came back home, I found myself craving it!

The other half of my tea obsession I blame on my job as a barista at Borders, where we serve Tazo loose leaf teas. I hadn’t even considered loose leaf teas a possibility until I started working there! The freshness and the difference in quality really turned me on to loose leaf teas.

So bit by bit, I’ve been increasing my tea self-education, and I drink tea at least once a day. I love trying new kinds, and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the more I learn, the more I want to try!

In addition to tea, I also enjoy books and music. If you would like, look for me on last.fm (user: giragirataiyou) or Goodreads (user: thexquietxlife). :)

New Jersey