Okay, so first of all, the steeper mug from Golden Moon is NOT good with rooibos/mate/other small-leaf things. Ewwww. Unfortunately, I don’t have any paper filters with me, so I will have to deal.

And my verdict is that this is tasty warm as well (though I could have brewed it stronger than I did). :) It’s got chocolate (though not very pronounced) and spiciness and nuttiness. Mmm. Not something I would want to have everyday, but it’s enjoyable! Muuuuuuuch more so than MateVana on its own, which was blech.

takgoti

Should you find yourself looking for a finer infuser that will filter just about anything, I highly, highly recommend the Finum infusing basket. I have two and I love them.

the quiet life

Nice! I’ll have to check those out. :) The steeper mug infuser isn’t terrible (I was being a bit dramatic, I think :P), but it does leave a bit to be desired with the rooibos.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

I also use a Finum basket and would recommend it.

Comments

takgoti

the quiet life

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

I also use a Finum basket and would recommend it.

I blame half of my tea obsession on Japan and the time I spent there in a study abroad program. Tea is everywhere in Japan, and I drank it daily while staying with my host family. When I came back home, I found myself craving it!

The other half of my tea obsession I blame on my job as a barista at Borders, where we serve Tazo loose leaf teas. I hadn’t even considered loose leaf teas a possibility until I started working there! The freshness and the difference in quality really turned me on to loose leaf teas.

So bit by bit, I’ve been increasing my tea self-education, and I drink tea at least once a day. I love trying new kinds, and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the more I learn, the more I want to try!

In addition to tea, I also enjoy books and music. If you would like, look for me on last.fm (user: giragirataiyou) or Goodreads (user: thexquietxlife). :)

New Jersey