drank Pouchong by Adagio Teas

I’ve been meaning to try this since I got it a week and a half ago!

The leaves look really nice and have a light, floral scent.

Brewed, it smells quite buttery, actually!

I only steeped it for 3 mins, ‘cuz the water here is kind of hot. I haven’t measured it, but I do think it’s above 180, which is what Adagio recommends. But also, 5 mins seems long to me for a tea this green.

In any case, it’s got a really light, slightly sweet flavor. It’s very very smooth, and there are definitely buttery notes that I quite enjoy! I’m a fan! :) When this sample’s done, I may just have to get more!

Thanks for the recommendation, Cofftea! :)

Cofftea

It’s actually a closer to a green oolong. That being said I like a several oolongs at 3min anyway inspite of it not being a green. As much as I loved it at 3 min, I am curious as to how it’ll taste at 5 min.

the quiet life

Yeah, I’d be interested to try it at 5 mins too! I’ll have to make sure I have the right water temp when I do though.

Stephanie

Buttery? Yum!

Comments

Cofftea

the quiet life

Stephanie

Buttery? Yum!

I blame half of my tea obsession on Japan and the time I spent there in a study abroad program. Tea is everywhere in Japan, and I drank it daily while staying with my host family. When I came back home, I found myself craving it!

The other half of my tea obsession I blame on my job as a barista at Borders, where we serve Tazo loose leaf teas. I hadn’t even considered loose leaf teas a possibility until I started working there! The freshness and the difference in quality really turned me on to loose leaf teas.

So bit by bit, I’ve been increasing my tea self-education, and I drink tea at least once a day. I love trying new kinds, and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the more I learn, the more I want to try!

In addition to tea, I also enjoy books and music. If you would like, look for me on last.fm (user: giragirataiyou) or Goodreads (user: thexquietxlife). :)

New Jersey