This tea seems to be regarded by some as one of the most chocolaty teas out there. So, being the chocoholic that I am, I had to try it. :P

The tea itself smells chocolaty, with a hint of maltiness and a touch of roasty.

I originally steeped it for about 6 mins, but it was still pretty light, so I left it in for an extra couple of minutes while I let the water cool down to not-burning temperature.

The tea tastes chocolaty, as one would expect. Not as chocolaty as a chocolate bar, but still chocolaty. :) There’s a hint of malt in there too, which adds to the tastiness.

It’s nice and smooth, which I like, but it doesn’t really have a strong flavor. I think next time I’ll add more leaf and see how it goes. What’s there is yummy, but I would like it to be a bit more flavorful. (Could be that I used the not-boiling water at work instead of actually boiling water, as is suggested.) But I definitely like it, and I can see myself having this in the morning (when caffeine is needed) quite often. :)

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

I blame half of my tea obsession on Japan and the time I spent there in a study abroad program. Tea is everywhere in Japan, and I drank it daily while staying with my host family. When I came back home, I found myself craving it!

The other half of my tea obsession I blame on my job as a barista at Borders, where we serve Tazo loose leaf teas. I hadn’t even considered loose leaf teas a possibility until I started working there! The freshness and the difference in quality really turned me on to loose leaf teas.

So bit by bit, I’ve been increasing my tea self-education, and I drink tea at least once a day. I love trying new kinds, and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the more I learn, the more I want to try!

In addition to tea, I also enjoy books and music. If you would like, look for me on last.fm (user: giragirataiyou) or Goodreads (user: thexquietxlife). :)

New Jersey