Backlogging from last week.

I am definitely getting the maple taste, but it is slightly bitter. I added a tad bit of brown sugar, and then the flavour popped. Now this is good stuff. However, I don’t really like to have to add things to my tea.

I also tried this in some oatmeal with a little bit of raisins. Wow, yummy breakfast!

Barb

How did you combine it with the oatmeal? Did you just add a bit after the oatmeal was cooked, or use it for all or part of the cooking liquid? Interesting idea!

tigress_al

I let the tea cool down a little bit. Then I used the tea instead of the water in making the oatmeal. Kinda a little experiment.

Barb

What an excellent idea. I sometimes make savory oatmeal instead of sweet — will have to experiment with using Lapsang Souchong as the liquid. (I know, this will horrify some folks!)

tattooed_tea

Try adding real maple syrup! So yum

Bonnie

I’ve added a bit of applewood smoked salt and I have pure maple sugar (granulated) if needed and Lapsang Souchong for the diehard smoke lovers.

tigress_al

Yep, oatmeal would be great with a Lapsang as well, or used in BBQing, I will have to try that next!

Comments

Barb

tattooed_tea

Try adding real maple syrup! So yum

Bonnie

Hello,

Most of my teas I rate at 90 and above, and would re-stock these teas.
Anything under 90 I probably wouldn’t re-stock unless I found a great price.

Saskatchewan, Canada