drank Tamarind Pop by Butiki Teas

Hmm, I have no idea what tamarind is. This tea was really good. I was eating some leftover cake with it, and the sweetness of the cake really made the flavour pop. It is nice and creamy, but I am really not sure how to describe it.

Good suggestion Alphakitty!

EDIT: Upon Stacy’s suggestion to add sugar, I added sugar to my resteep for 5 minutes. It turned out really good. Cuts the bitterness of the first steep without sugar. This does taste a little bit more familiar now, I have probably have had tamarind like Alphakitty suggested.

Butiki Teas

Have you tried it with sugar yet? With a little sugar it tastes just like tamarind soda. Yums! Tamarind is a fruit that comes in a pod, its both sweet and sour.

Alphakitty

Tamarind is also used as the sour element in a lot of Thai and Indian cooking, so you might have had it without even knowing it! It’s an interesting fruit for sure.

momo

After trying this, I got a bottle of the tamarind soda and this tea + sugar is even better than it!

Comments

Butiki Teas

Alphakitty

momo

Hello,

Most of my teas I rate at 90 and above, and would re-stock these teas.
Anything under 90 I probably wouldn’t re-stock unless I found a great price.

Saskatchewan, Canada